New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 15:05

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:28 by Rufs

well i do not have the time or the inclination to trawl back thru this post to count the individuals you refer to but my guess there may be no more than a dozen on this forum, but i see where you are coming from.

I paid £30 deposit in September last year for a pitch that i will hopefully use this coming September, do i care if i loose the £30 if for some reason i will not be able to use the pitch, hardly undecided   

Posted on 16/01/2022 15:05

£30 is neither here nor there for most of us I guess.

I just did a dummy booking for Looe, a fortnight for a family of four, in July /August. The deposit required will be £168 upfront. I think most working families will want clear guidelines as to what they might get back, should something occur during the period inside 21 days of booking commencing. It’s going to need clarity on how much is refundable, and inside that 21 days, how to claim back a more substantial deposit. Insurance of some sort is one option of course.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/01/2022 16:31

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:10 by Randomcamper

There must be an extremely limited number of people who will find the concept of paying a modest deposit for a "holiday" booking, or even a campsite as being worthy even of much discussion.......surely...?

undecided

Posted on 16/01/2022 16:31

😂😂, you’d be surprised-be it a good idea or not a lot of folk don’t like change. . .Any change☹️. I’m shocked by the angst tbh🤷🏻‍♂️, it’s not going up in price or doubling in price we are merely being asked for an upfront payment(small one at that) as a kind of surety. I have no issue whatsoever be it 25% or 50% no worries. If I couldn’t afford these prices I’d not be booking at all. I pay a smaller amount later to square the bill👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

DavidKlyne replied on 16/01/2022 16:53

Posted on 16/01/2022 16:53

Perhaps the Club have been cleverer than we credit them? Because there has been so much prior publicity about deposits but the introduction has been delayed until April perhaps this was done deliberately in order to let those that want to book their summer holidays enough time to do so without the need for a deposit this year? That avoids the sort of deposit illustrated by TDA . For anyone going away for a 2/3 day weekend the amount of deposit is not that onerous but for two weeks on a Club site it is. Giving this 3 month leeway at the beginning of the year may well take the sting out of needing to pay a deposit in the future?

David

AWNINGHANDYMAN replied on 16/01/2022 17:25

Posted on 16/01/2022 17:25

I have read many comments for and against proposed new club rulings, but yet, non have given any consideration toward senior members and those with disabilities, who find even todays rulings very difficult to manage, especially when forecasting their health in months ahead. 
It may be obvious that we are in the minority, however, to impose a 3 week cancellation period with loss of deposit, which could be £60+ for two week bookings, will leave many with little option other than to leave the club, accepting financial losses, or constantly view sites on a daily basis for cancellations.

Personally, with CFS/ME and constant migraines, I have a 12hour window to accept if I am fit to travel on any one day, with my wife having to endure all the tasks in preparing, packing and managing her own health both for outward and inward stages of our holiday.

Would the club be prepared to keep the present 78 hour cancellation rulings, with a deposit if necessary, for disabled members who can give proof of long term disabilities?

Tinwheeler replied on 16/01/2022 17:34

Posted on 16/01/2022 17:34

It’s been discussed, AHM. We all have issues of one sort or another and I’m not sure the club could accommodate individual circumstances. However, why not contact them directly and make your point?

replied on 16/01/2022 17:54

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:28 by Takethedogalong

Am I right in thinking it now costs of you book or amend an Overseas Site via the phone? Wonder if this will make its way into the UK booking system? 

Posted on 16/01/2022 17:54

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

huskydog replied on 16/01/2022 18:07

Posted on 16/01/2022 18:07

I can’t see a problem with introducing a deposit, it just means I will pay a bit less when I arrive , and every other holiday company I have booked with wants a deposit of some sort . Just remember this is a leisure business,the “club” disappeared a long time ago 

if you can’t afford it then don’t go on holiday 

DavidKlyne replied on 16/01/2022 19:13

Posted on 16/01/2022 17:25 by AWNINGHANDYMAN

I have read many comments for and against proposed new club rulings, but yet, non have given any consideration toward senior members and those with disabilities, who find even todays rulings very difficult to manage, especially when forecasting their health in months ahead. 
It may be obvious that we are in the minority, however, to impose a 3 week cancellation period with loss of deposit, which could be £60+ for two week bookings, will leave many with little option other than to leave the club, accepting financial losses, or constantly view sites on a daily basis for cancellations.

Personally, with CFS/ME and constant migraines, I have a 12hour window to accept if I am fit to travel on any one day, with my wife having to endure all the tasks in preparing, packing and managing her own health both for outward and inward stages of our holiday.

Would the club be prepared to keep the present 78 hour cancellation rulings, with a deposit if necessary, for disabled members who can give proof of long term disabilities?

Posted on 16/01/2022 19:13

We don't yet know how the Club intend to deal with circumstances like the ones you mention and others such as emergencies and family crisis. As TW suggests its probably a good idea to flag your concerns up direct with the Club as we can't always guarantee that the powers that be see such comments here. The Club have clearly decided that 21 days is now the new 72 hours. 

David

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 19:25

Posted on 16/01/2022 16:53 by DavidKlyne

Perhaps the Club have been cleverer than we credit them? Because there has been so much prior publicity about deposits but the introduction has been delayed until April perhaps this was done deliberately in order to let those that want to book their summer holidays enough time to do so without the need for a deposit this year? That avoids the sort of deposit illustrated by TDA . For anyone going away for a 2/3 day weekend the amount of deposit is not that onerous but for two weeks on a Club site it is. Giving this 3 month leeway at the beginning of the year may well take the sting out of needing to pay a deposit in the future?

David

Posted on 16/01/2022 19:25

It is possible to reduce the deposit on that stay down to just over £95, but, and this is why I asked the question, will amending a booking incur some kind of admin fee at all? It sometimes does with certain companies when booking something. It’s an anomaly that perhaps needs clarifying.

MikeyA replied on 16/01/2022 19:29

Posted on 16/01/2022 19:29

Today we have booked 5 nights away with the other Club and paid a deposit. The difference  is we are going in 2 weeks and will almost certainly go. We would never book 12 months in advance even for a foreign holiday.

We are looking at a holiday in March/April for the other side of the world and have not even booked our flights, yet many on here are booking a caravan site for next year!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook