New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

young thomas replied on 16/01/2022 12:38

Posted on 16/01/2022 11:50 by cyberyacht

This is indeed likely to cause a far greater reaction, once it comes on-stream, than the name change which was merely cosmetic branding aka 'rearranging the Titanic deckchairs"

Posted on 16/01/2022 12:38

Yes, I think the point about the 'name change' was that, while it might have caused some tut-tutting from hard core members of the 'Caravan' Club, it was just an (expensive) cosmetic exercise to 'promote inclusivity' to those pesky motorhomers...😉

this time, those tutting members are going to have to dig into their pockets, be a bit more upfront about planning and be less blasé about cancelling late...

so, yes....I thing the 'backlash' will be greater....ouch.

Randomcamper replied on 16/01/2022 13:10

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:10

There must be an extremely limited number of people who will find the concept of paying a modest deposit for a "holiday" booking, or even a campsite as being worthy even of much discussion.......surely...?

undecided

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 13:21

Posted on 16/01/2022 12:00 by Tinwheeler

Let's hope the club pulls out all the stops to ensure every member knows the full detail before it goes live, CY.

Judging by the name change furore, I expect manifold threats of leaving the club, comments about court action and 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' responses😁

PS. For the record, I am not pro the change but see no point in raising my blood pressure over it.

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:21

Fully agree.

Mind, I do enjoy all the “Dear Caravan and Motorhome Club” (to be inclusive😂) stuff, and might even start to read the Magazine letters page again. Ages since “Disgusted of Doncaster and Outraged of Oxford” looked in……😁

There will be lots of chuntering, then it will all be forgotten by the majority a month later. It’s how the UK functions🤣

replied on 16/01/2022 13:22

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:10 by Randomcamper

There must be an extremely limited number of people who will find the concept of paying a modest deposit for a "holiday" booking, or even a campsite as being worthy even of much discussion.......surely...?

undecided

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 16/01/2022 13:27

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:21 by Takethedogalong

Fully agree.

Mind, I do enjoy all the “Dear Caravan and Motorhome Club” (to be inclusive😂) stuff, and might even start to read the Magazine letters page again. Ages since “Disgusted of Doncaster and Outraged of Oxford” looked in……😁

There will be lots of chuntering, then it will all be forgotten by the majority a month later. It’s how the UK functions🤣

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:27

Nah, I opted out of the mag. The backlog of unread and unopened copies was mounting up and getting out of control. They’re online if I’m ever short of something to read😄

Rufs replied on 16/01/2022 13:28

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:10 by Randomcamper

undecided

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:28

well i do not have the time or the inclination to trawl back thru this post to count the individuals you refer to but my guess there may be no more than a dozen on this forum, but i see where you are coming from.

I paid £30 deposit in September last year for a pitch that i will hopefully use this coming September, do i care if i loose the £30 if for some reason i will not be able to use the pitch, hardly undecided   

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 13:28

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:28

Am I right in thinking it now costs of you book or amend an Overseas Site via the phone? Wonder if this will make its way into the UK booking system? 

peedee replied on 16/01/2022 13:30

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:30

so, yes....I thing the 'backlash' will be greater....ouch.

I don't think so, a lot read CT (lurk) far more than post and its been publicised in at least two of the monthly magazines. Some were predicting post on this thread to be full of it. It but it hasn't happened yet. The majority of post on the subject are from those who habitually post here.

peedee

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 14:53

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:27 by Tinwheeler

Nah, I opted out of the mag. The backlog of unread and unopened copies was mounting up and getting out of control. They’re online if I’m ever short of something to read😄

Posted on 16/01/2022 14:53

We only do online now. I forget to read it though, so miss some stuff.  I’d hope that much like all the important COVID updates, the Club would choose to email out a comprehensive list of T&C’s for new booking system, once things are finalised.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/01/2022 14:58

Posted on 16/01/2022 14:53 by Takethedogalong

We only do online now. I forget to read it though, so miss some stuff.  I’d hope that much like all the important COVID updates, the Club would choose to email out a comprehensive list of T&C’s for new booking system, once things are finalised.

Posted on 16/01/2022 14:58

It’s the logical thing to do 👍🏻

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook