New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 22:09

Posted on 10/01/2022 20:02 by Tinwheeler

So are you saying the club hasn’t thought things through in detail yet, JK, and is relying on folk asking 'what if' questions here? That shocks me!

I agree about seeing different posters but it’s a shame they don’t contribute elsewhere on the forum and probably won’t continue posting once this change becomes history.😕

Posted on 10/01/2022 22:09

I posted some pages back that the new system was not yet ready for the April deadline as posts on here had been noted but it seems had not been thought aboutsurprised

Arch replied on 10/01/2022 22:27

Posted on 10/01/2022 21:26 by young thomas

arch, it's actually those who've booked early on the old system that will be the losers if it's a HS they're after.....unless the club allow a rebooking period prior to the new system go live.

our only bookings are for June so shouldn't be an issue.

Posted on 10/01/2022 22:27

I suspect the booking system will be overloaded the first few days after launch with existing bookers amending to HS and new bookers trying to book HS

JollyKernow replied on 10/01/2022 22:46

Posted on 10/01/2022 20:02 by Tinwheeler

So are you saying the club hasn’t thought things through in detail yet, JK, and is relying on folk asking 'what if' questions here? That shocks me!

I agree about seeing different posters but it’s a shame they don’t contribute elsewhere on the forum and probably won’t continue posting once this change becomes history.😕

Posted on 10/01/2022 22:46

I didn't say that at all TW so don't be shocked. Valuable feedback is what I was referring to.

JK

Tinwheeler replied on 10/01/2022 22:56

Posted on 10/01/2022 22:46 by JollyKernow

I didn't say that at all TW so don't be shocked. Valuable feedback is what I was referring to.

JK

Posted on 10/01/2022 22:56

Ah, the impression I got from your earlier post was as I questioned. Thanks for clarifying.👍

Takethedogalong replied on 10/01/2022 23:04

Posted on 10/01/2022 23:04

I notice the Club is discounting its unsold Experience Freedom accommodation at the moment. Feedback from me is that I hope the Club will consider doing the same with its unsold pitches if taken up at short notice as well. At all times of the year. 

Arch replied on 11/01/2022 10:15

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:15

I've just looked at the New booking system FAQs page and it looks as though  it's been confirmed that existing bookers will get first choice of pitch type before the new booking system goes live.

peedee replied on 11/01/2022 10:23

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:23

I was doing the same and here is whats said:

I have an existing booking made via the current system which currently enables me to choose between a standard grass pitch or a standard hardstanding pitch upon arrival at site. Now that the new system is going to enable members to pre-book either a grass or hardstanding pitch type at the point of booking, how is the Club going to transfer my booking to the new system? Will my standard pitch type (hardstanding or grass) be allocated ahead of my arrival? And will the pitch type for my booking be prioritised over any new bookings made once the new booking system is live?

Your existing booking(s) will be automatically migrated over to the new booking system prior to it going live to ensure you are allocated a pitch type at your booked Club campsite. 

To ensure the process is as fair as possible, pitch types for existing bookings will be allocated in strict booking date order, starting with the oldest bookings first. 

We know that hardstanding pitches tend to be preferred by most members, therefore we will allocate standard hardstanding pitches as far as possible, followed by standard grass pitches if there are not enough hardstanding's or your booked site doesn't have standard hardstanding pitches. In line with your existing booking, you will be allocated either an awning or non-awning pitch. 

Existing bookings will be prioritised for pitch type allocation before any new bookings can be made. The new booking system will only go live when the pitch type allocation process for existing bookings has been completed. From that point onwards, if you wish, you will be able to amend your existing booking(s) to an alternative pitch type to what has been allocated; and new bookings will also be able to be made (all subject to the availability of the remaining pitches and pitch types per campsite). 

Timelines for the migration process and pitch type allocation for existing bookings are still being finalised, but rest assured we will contact all members with existing bookings in due course about the pitch type allocation process.

peedee

Navigateur replied on 11/01/2022 10:33

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:33

That seems perfectly fair for those who demand a particular pitch surface, but does nothing for those of use for whom location and view are far more important than surface.  We are still effectivly being banned from 50% of the club's pitches.

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 10:33

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:23 by peedee

I was doing the same and here is whats said:

I have an existing booking made via the current system which currently enables me to choose between a standard grass pitch or a standard hardstanding pitch upon arrival at site. Now that the new system is going to enable members to pre-book either a grass or hardstanding pitch type at the point of booking, how is the Club going to transfer my booking to the new system? Will my standard pitch type (hardstanding or grass) be allocated ahead of my arrival? And will the pitch type for my booking be prioritised over any new bookings made once the new booking system is live?

Your existing booking(s) will be automatically migrated over to the new booking system prior to it going live to ensure you are allocated a pitch type at your booked Club campsite. 

To ensure the process is as fair as possible, pitch types for existing bookings will be allocated in strict booking date order, starting with the oldest bookings first. 

We know that hardstanding pitches tend to be preferred by most members, therefore we will allocate standard hardstanding pitches as far as possible, followed by standard grass pitches if there are not enough hardstanding's or your booked site doesn't have standard hardstanding pitches. In line with your existing booking, you will be allocated either an awning or non-awning pitch. 

Existing bookings will be prioritised for pitch type allocation before any new bookings can be made. The new booking system will only go live when the pitch type allocation process for existing bookings has been completed. From that point onwards, if you wish, you will be able to amend your existing booking(s) to an alternative pitch type to what has been allocated; and new bookings will also be able to be made (all subject to the availability of the remaining pitches and pitch types per campsite). 

Timelines for the migration process and pitch type allocation for existing bookings are still being finalised, but rest assured we will contact all members with existing bookings in due course about the pitch type allocation process.

peedee

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:33

It seems what the answer is saying is if you have a serviced or awning or non awning pitch booked with the present system then those bookings will be honoured, as they are the only pitch types that are bookable with the present system?

,I can still see that if you are booked under the present system   there will still be the hardstands (if any)coned off for those who under the later (April this year possibly?) booking system have booked a hardstand

When the hardstand booking trial was held that was one on the biggest problems that members could not understand,  why hardstands were empty for days at times and the arrivals had to use grass pitches as some who had booked hardstanding were not arriving for several days but your booking period overlapped 

Arch replied on 11/01/2022 10:42

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:33 by JVB66

It seems what the answer is saying is if you have a serviced or awning or non awning pitch booked with the present system then those bookings will be honoured, as they are the only pitch types that are bookable with the present system?

Posted on 11/01/2022 10:42

I would say it means if you have a serviced or non awning that will stay valid but if you have a standard awning pitch you will be contacted and given the opportunity to choose HS or Grass

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook