New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/01/2022 20:52

Posted on 09/01/2022 20:41 by JVB66

A subs paid membership  is quite entitled to be made aware of major changes and the costs of ,as any open members club would do

Posted on 09/01/2022 20:52

I completely agree JV, we’ve been part of that entitlement for years tbh👍🏻. The folk who’ve been on CT demanding the pitch thieves are stopped came first now we’ve got the other side demanding proof it’s been a good thing that the stopping of the ‘pitch thieves’ has been made. PS-is it really a ‘club’ in the Olde Worlde description or just in name only🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Cornersteady replied on 09/01/2022 21:04

Posted on 09/01/2022 20:22 by Tinwheeler

Do we need to know? Cost analysis, facts and figures are the province of the club management and, as end users, surely our only concerns need be that the club remains solvent and the system is acceptable for us to use? Sometimes people can become overly concerned about such issues.

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:04

Yes I agree, being members doesn't mean we have to know or are entitled to such things, would being members of a local gym mean you would?

Myself I'm just interested in getting a pitch and the club keeps to its high standards.

More sites would be good too.

TandemTwo replied on 09/01/2022 21:17

Posted on 09/01/2022 20:52 by Rocky 2 buckets

I completely agree JV, we’ve been part of that entitlement for years tbh👍🏻. The folk who’ve been on CT demanding the pitch thieves are stopped came first now we’ve got the other side demanding proof it’s been a good thing that the stopping of the ‘pitch thieves’ has been made. PS-is it really a ‘club’ in the Olde Worlde description or just in name only🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:17

Are you a member of a gym? I am. I pay for an annual membership. I book as many classes as I like, free. I do not pay a deposit or the total up front. So, if my gym was to change the T&C's without consulting me, believe me, they would be challenged exactly the same way. 

JVB66 replied on 09/01/2022 21:19

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:04 by Cornersteady

Yes I agree, being members doesn't mean we have to know or are entitled to such things, would being members of a local gym mean you would?

Myself I'm just interested in getting a pitch and the club keeps to its high standards.

More sites would be good too.

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:19

After numerous requests in the past ,for information about cancelations ,it is only in the past few weeks that it seems to justify ,what was in the past not a problem for the club , ,which it seems now is a problem ? or as posted by those good at figures, more of an attempt to justify the implementation of of a system that is only wanted by the vocal minority ?

The social club side of our local cricket club ,who we pay an annual membership, always asks the membership what they think before anything major the committee  are contemplating ,and any comments or objections to anything else, it is what would be expected of any democratic club

Cornersteady replied on 09/01/2022 21:27

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:17 by TandemTwo

Are you a member of a gym? I am. I pay for an annual membership. I book as many classes as I like, free. I do not pay a deposit or the total up front. So, if my gym was to change the T&C's without consulting me, believe me, they would be challenged exactly the same way. 

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:27

Not really free at all though is it? Those classes are paid for and included in your membership. It's an all inclusive package under the T&C you pay and sign up for. What you're saying is a bit like paying for an all inclusive holiday then saying the drinks are free.

I'm sure they would tell you in advance of any changes and that's probably all the consultation you'll get. Then it's up to you to decide to continue or not.

Just like this club really, choose to use something as one wishes or not. Really it's no big deal, pay for what you want. 

Enjoy. 

Cornersteady replied on 09/01/2022 21:34

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:19 by JVB66

After numerous requests in the past ,for information about cancelations ,it is only in the past few weeks that it seems to justify ,what was in the past not a problem for the club , ,which it seems now is a problem ? or as posted by those good at figures, more of an attempt to justify the implementation of of a system that is only wanted by the vocal minority ?

The social club side of our local cricket club ,who we pay an annual membership, always asks the membership what they think before anything major the committee  are contemplating ,and any comments or objections to anything else, it is what would be expected of any democratic club

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:34

Perhaps your cricket club does, easier to do with a one 'site' club but really what one club does is of no relevance to what another does.

And this club doesn't operate like that does it? It makes decision then announces it, has done for a number of years now. If one doesn't like the decision stop using the club.

JVB66 replied on 09/01/2022 21:42

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:34 by Cornersteady

Perhaps your cricket club does, easier to do with a one 'site' club but what one club does is of no relevance to what another does.

And this club doesn't operate like that does it? It makes decision then announces it, has done for a number of years now. If one doesn't like the decision stop using the club.

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:42

We after this year with the bookings already made ,  we at this time have every intention to honour,

Next year? as this club will then be little or no different from most other commercial organisations,, ,we shall see,? although my membership will continue ,

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/01/2022 23:00

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:17 by TandemTwo

Posted on 09/01/2022 23:00

Gym?, no I prefer to work out & sweat privately & in the outdoors environment but I get you drift however tenuous the link is between & Gymnasium & a huge supplier of leisure offerings within the industry is👍🏻

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook