New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

moulesy replied on 17/11/2022 13:30

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:12 by JVB66

Looking at what the situation is now the pendulum has really swung if other it seems find?the other way? In respect of the original demographic of the club ?

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:30

Well, if I've understood that correctly, that's exactly the point I'm making!

How often in the past have we read (about the old booking system) comments along the lines of "it's all right for retired folk who can pick and choose when and where to go,  but if the club don't do more to encourage younger members it'll have no future".

Maybe that pendulum needed to swing! Still,  from what I can understand, the club t&c are still considerably more generous than most other providers. 

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 13:36

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:30 by moulesy

Well, if I've understood that correctly, that's exactly the point I'm making!

How often in the past have we read (about the old booking system) comments along the lines of "it's all right for retired folk who can pick and choose when and where to go,  but if the club don't do more to encourage younger members it'll have no future".

Maybe that pendulum needed to swing! Still,  from what I can understand, the club t&c are still considerably more generous than most other providers. 

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:36

So if correct then sites will be even more empty midweek and still unable to find weekend pitches on the honeypot sites and more if that is how this clubs T&Cs will pan outundecided

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 13:43

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:41 by Tinwheeler

The USP was not taking deposits and allowing free cancellations. Of course ir suited many but those days have gone whether we like it or not. I dont see the age card plays any part in this. We now have to adhere to the new terms......or walk away. 🤷‍♂️

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:43

As you have? and we are now booking elsewhere. ,or are until this club remember a large part of the membership and their requirements ,and fully explain their T&Cs 

Mind with the way this clubs management have treated the members in the past and present it could be a long waitlaughing

Tinwheeler replied on 17/11/2022 13:49

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:43 by JVB66

As you have? and we are now booking elsewhere. ,or are until this club remember a large part of the membership and their requirements 

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:49

We each have our own reasons, JV. I said before I don’t agree with the positive age discrimination you suggest but you’re entitled to your view.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/11/2022 13:55

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:57 by Rocky 2 buckets

I did & will miss using CAMC sites tinny I’ll not deny it. I appreciated the feeling of it being well run by committed staff(never met a wrong un btw) things were done when I expected them to be done. Nothing jarred & the surroundings were mainly better than acceptable. I never wanted cheap & cheerful that others provided that & are doing so now. But I shouldn’t have to Wade thru glitches & bugs. Using my phone is my goto I pay a lot for a super functional phone just to be let down by buggy systems. I won’t & don’t go out on a jaunt carrying a Lappy👎🏻

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:55

I always liked club sites too but they aren’t worth the hassle of coping with the new booking system and nor are they worth suffering the frustration and disappointment I feel at what CAMC has become. We've seen the best of it, Rocky.

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 13:56

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:49 by Tinwheeler

We each have our own reasons, JV. I said before I don’t agree with the positive age discrimination you suggest but you’re entitled to your view.

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:56

I do not think my view is in the minority  when speaking to other memberssurprised

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 14:02

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:55 by Tinwheeler

I always liked club sites too but they aren’t worth the hassle of coping with the new booking system and nor are they worth suffering the frustration and disappointment I feel at what CAMC has become. We've seen the best of it, Rocky.

Posted on 17/11/2022 14:02

I agree, it wiil need a big change of the way things have been going and seems into the future to get back what was a club rather than a "dash for cash company " run it seems as many companies that used to customer focused , now run by  accountants undecided

Tinwheeler replied on 17/11/2022 14:11

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:56 by JVB66

I do not think my view is in the minority  when speaking to other memberssurprised

Posted on 17/11/2022 14:11

I didn’t say it was a minority view, JV, only that it’s not my view. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook