New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 17/11/2022 16:32

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:32

Content has been removed.

Cornersteady replied on 17/11/2022 16:33

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:04 by JVB66

Pass? But at this time of year £5 a night cheaper than where we are now and we had a full service hardstand pitch

The other site we have two bookings for next year  (£10 per night cheaper than the equivalent this clubs site)the owner did not want a deposit and just a phone call as early as possible if we cannot make it

Now that is consideration of the older generation 

The club site we are on now is about a third full? and usually a very popular site not just at weekends

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:33

So you have no idea about the T&C of this commercial site but pass judgement on the club's? Ok.

A third full in November, sounds good to me but again it's what the local sites are doing that really tells the story?

You should name that site that is so good for people like yourself, after all if you're correct many on here will benefit?

replied on 17/11/2022 16:42

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:42

Content has been removed.

moulesy replied on 17/11/2022 16:50

Posted on 17/11/2022 13:36 by JVB66

So if correct then sites will be even more empty midweek and still unable to find weekend pitches on the honeypot sites and more if that is how this clubs T&Cs will pan outundecided

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:50

I can understand why that might result from price rises or dropping the MWD but I really fail to see why it should be due to the changes in t&c when, as far as I can see, the club's are far more lenient than comparable providers.

I well remember the frequent posts we used to read proclaiming "better, cheaper" commercial sites, though they were very rarely actually named. Now it seems the same argument is being made about t&c - things must have changed a lot since we stopped because I can't remember a single commercial site we used (not many, admittedly) that didn't require a deposit and full payment in advance. 

Care to name any? undecided

Cornersteady replied on 17/11/2022 17:01

Posted on 17/11/2022 17:01

And let's be clear in relation to some posters, the mid week discount did not apply to most club sites. 

Also it was not there to help people financially to go to club sites.  It was there to entice people to use the less popular club sites during the week. It was never offered on the sites I've used maybe because they were popular enough already. 

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 17:03

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:50 by moulesy

I can understand why that might result from price rises or dropping the MWD but I really fail to see why it should be due to the changes in t&c when, as far as I can see, the club's are far more lenient than comparable providers.

I well remember the frequent posts we used to read proclaiming "better, cheaper" commercial sites, though they were very rarely actually named. Now it seems the same argument is being made about t&c - things must have changed a lot since we stopped because I can't remember a single commercial site we used (not many, admittedly) that didn't require a deposit and full payment in advance. 

Care to name any? undecided

Posted on 17/11/2022 17:03

Not sure of the large holiday park as unless a major. Problem wiil always go for our annual meet up with friends who belong to either this the ccc or no club so never have bothered to check 

The other 20 Van site we have booked in  place of this clubs sites over this Christmas and New Year and in July 2023 as explained earlier is really customer service orientated

They are both in Norfolkwink

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 17:05

Posted on 17/11/2022 16:22 by TimboC

Agreed. Lets not forget that its the minority who post here so the views expressed are not representative. Bustling sites suggest club support is strong

Posted on 17/11/2022 17:05

Not midweek they are very sparce with LVs in East Anglia where we tend to mostly stayundecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook