New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 17/11/2022 11:03

Posted on 17/11/2022 10:30 by peedee

That is not the case using Windows 10 and Firefox Steve. Neither hovering over it or clicking on "Full"  brings up a closed indicator.

peedee

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:03

There does seem to be a bit of variation between platforms and what is shown, as AD mentions above. I’ve also tried it on chrome on the iPad with the same result as my default of safari. Perhaps there is a browser / platform out there where it works correctly, as they imply in their list of fixes.🤔

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 11:06

Posted on 17/11/2022 10:56 by Rocky 2 buckets

We differ in opinion re T&C’s JV. T&C’s. . .It is what it is, they are their for a reason that reason being-‘this is the minimum we expect from you’ explicit in their meaning. If you or I don’t agree then we don’t use the product. I think they’re fine & am happy to follow them or suffer the consequences. They are not for us to disagree with just to follow. WiFi I see as my responsibility. Free WiFi?-thank you very much. I see it as a good thing for free but I provide my own regardless👍🏻

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:06

The original usp booking system was we found never a problem using the clubs annual paid for WiFi system even if slow at times, but the new system?needs so much information the site site WiFi seems cannot cope as it "looses it "before a booking is complete

The T&Cs are far to draconian for our and many others it seems situation 

SteveL replied on 17/11/2022 11:12

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:12

and as for using this clubs WiFi when on site to make a booking it is unusable

Well this was true before the new booking system. The club's on site wifi (I have given up on it) has nothing to do with the new booking system. 

No it really is unusable now CS, or at least the free side is. When tried in September / October it wouldn’t access the booking system at all, just kept crashing. The old system used to work fine.

As to the paid side, I doubt it would work  very well, as speeds are generally only 1 / 2 mbs. This was adequate for the old booking system, but not the new one, which seems happier with over 5mbs.

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 11:12

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:12

If you know what site and dates it seems to be able to cope anything else is difficult. it seems for it to cope?

Tinwheeler replied on 17/11/2022 11:19

Posted on 17/11/2022 10:24 by JVB66

I am not adverse to deposits but it seems the T&Cs are far to restrictive,

And with as many age and medical issue they are not good for us or many of this clubs demographic 

Even after two months the booking system is still not fit for purpose unless it you are IT competent which seems there are many members that are not, when the call centre. is still difficult to contact. even with add staff it seems that are as we found at least in Glasgowsurprised

and as for using this clubs WiFi when on site to make a booking it is unusable which under clubs USP was not a problemundecided

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:19

I don't think the T&Cs are particularly restrictive, JV, and they are more generous than those of many other holiday companies. What they do lack is clarity which leaves too many grey areas.

I don't believe CAMC should make any allowance for age in terms of deposit refund leniency. Illness strikes folk of all ages and, realistically, if we reach the stage of having numerous conditions and appointments, perhaps we should reconsider our future in LV-ing. There is no point at all in any business taking deposits if they then refund or credit them for each and every cancellation or alteration. It is incumbent on each of us to make our own judgement before parting with our cash as to whether we are prepared to forfeit it if necessary.

As for site wifi, it's always been rubbish.

Metheven replied on 17/11/2022 11:20

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:20

Just for information, W11 desktop with 'Slimjet' a reduced resources of Chrome works OK with the map. With any luck glitches in other platforms will be corrected after they leave school.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/11/2022 11:24

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:06 by JVB66

The original usp booking system was we found never a problem using the clubs annual paid for WiFi system even if slow at times, but the new system?needs so much information the site site WiFi seems cannot cope as it "looses it "before a booking is complete

The T&Cs are far to draconian for our and many others it seems situation 

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:24

Then it’s obviously not for you JV. Draconian?, it can’t really be draconian JV. If it is as severe for you & many others you & they should just stop using the product. I once used a Gym in the city that had very few rules other than respect & common sense. They then introduced a 5 minute per piece of machinery rule to make more money. After being told a few times my time was up I left-draconian rules see. Others did the same. Within months the Gym dropped the 5 min rule. People power. The fact CAMC is still doing well with the mantle-most popular leisure provider(words may differ) proves the epithet draconian isn’t shared by many👍🏻

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2022 11:31

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:19 by Tinwheeler

I don't think the T&Cs are particularly restrictive, JV, and they are more generous than those of many other holiday companies. What they do lack is clarity which leaves too many grey areas.

I don't believe CAMC should make any allowance for age in terms of deposit refund leniency. Illness strikes folk of all ages and, realistically, if we reach the stage of having numerous conditions and appointments, perhaps we should reconsider our future in LV-ing. There is no point at all in any business taking deposits if they then refund or credit them for each and every cancellation or alteration. It is incumbent on each of us to make our own judgement before parting with our cash as to whether we are prepared to forfeit it if necessary.

As for site wifi, it's always been rubbish.

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:31

The USP this club has binned was a very workable system for many of what has been posted several times the demographic of this club as many have said it just needed for the latest cancellation to.be extended from the 72hrs to a longer period

We are still honouring the bookings we have with this club ,and as many we have spoken to on this clubs sites and on a commercial site last weekend most in our age group ,next year will be very interesting as to pitch use with this club 

And it has yet to filter down to members that the mid week discount has also been withdrawn from all sites

Tinwheeler replied on 17/11/2022 11:41

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:31 by JVB66

The USP this club has binned was a very workable system for many of what has been posted several times the demographic of this club as many have said it just needed for the latest cancellation to.be extended from the 72hrs to a longer period

We are still honouring the bookings we have with this club ,and as many we have spoken to on this clubs sites and on a commercial site last weekend most in our age group ,next year will be very interesting as to pitch use with this club 

And it has yet to filter down to members that the mid week discount has also been withdrawn from all sites

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:41

The USP was not taking deposits and allowing free cancellations. Of course ir suited many but those days have gone whether we like it or not. I dont see the age card plays any part in this. We now have to adhere to the new terms......or walk away. 🤷‍♂️

replied on 17/11/2022 11:43

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:31 by JVB66

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook