Brexit 2018 - Travelling to Europe

Dunclair replied on 24/09/2018 22:07

Posted on 24/09/2018 22:07

Regardless of where you stand on the Brexit debate, two years ago many members were saying that they would do the British thing: Keep calm and carry on regardless.

That was then and this is now. Very few, if any of us, have had any influence over the negotiations that have happened since the last thread on this subject. It now seems that we are looking into the maw of a no-deal Brexit with all of the old pre-EU checks and controls coming back into force. (Yes, I am old enough to remember them and as a young soldier posted in BAOR, experienced them more than most.)

We have also seen the value of Sterling declining and the closer we seem to get to the precipice of no-deal, the worst the exchange rate gets.

So, will you still travel to Europe in the way that you have before, or will you change your habits?

Metheven replied on 13/10/2018 10:57

Posted on 13/10/2018 10:57

I will be doing the same as in previous years, setting off for the tunnel late April. I might have to do some late planning or changes if Brexit dictates at the end of March but am still looking forward to it, once out of the UK it will be business as usual. Money/exchange rate does not bother me and our enjoyment habits will not change one little bit.

Rufs replied on 13/10/2018 11:16

Posted on 13/10/2018 11:16

I will be touring europe starting this April probably for 3 months, my only concern is perhaps getting the dog back into the country, but he is good at hiding under the bed cool

Rufs replied on 13/10/2018 13:06

Posted on 13/10/2018 13:06

cant understand why my content has been removed when the original post which is equal in political content as mine remains, very strange forum rules, or is it just the views of 1 person that decided what stays & what remains, and without explanation. Looks like TTDA has been a naughty boy also.

Moderator Comment - The post that was Deleted User had nothing to do with the original topic which is asking what the effect of Brexit would have on touring in Europe. Whilst the discussion stays on that subject it will remain open. However if it continues to go off topic it will be closed completely.

replied on 13/10/2018 13:29

Posted on 13/10/2018 13:29

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook