Late availability for CL Sites 2017

RowenaBCAMC replied on 10/07/2017 15:51

Posted on 10/07/2017 15:51

Hi everyone,

This discussion is for CL owners to post any late availability for their site in 2017, so if you're looking for a last minute getaway on one of our beautiful CL Sites, don't forget to check here first. 

Edit: we have an issue with the previous discussion so I'm starting this afresh.  

CholseyGrange replied on 23/08/2017 10:05

Posted on 23/08/2017 07:17 by cyberyacht

It is significant that CL's can get together and produce late cancellation data yet the CAMC seem singularly reluctant to do so.

Posted on 23/08/2017 10:05

Cyberyacht, yes a growing number of CL's are now in communication with each other.  We have an informal group of 350+ CL's and around 100 are 'active' within the group, in the sense that we are in regular contact to share tips and best practice.

Some CL's report that they rarely experience any cancellations, whilst others have had significant issues.  

Of course we all have situation s due to breakdown, illness etc. that prevent a holiday from taking place, or being cut short, but it seems that in some cases Members have simply forgotten their booking, or turned up somewhere else.  

Hence, many CL's are now moving to a Deposit system.  This increases their costs, but does assist them to protect their income stream.  A cancelled booking is 20% of their potential revenue.  A much bigger impact than at a Club site.

Time will tell (with evidence from the data-gathering) how big an issue this is, but I have been surprised by the number of nights lost and the income lost from these late cancellations (less than a week's notice).. 

db99oo replied on 23/08/2017 14:20

Posted on 23/08/2017 14:20

Late Availability in Cornwall  Trevellan Farm C/L Truro August and September £13 p/n inc electric and shower  one dog per unit 01872241707 Garry and Jane 

CLMaddie replied on 23/08/2017 16:14

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:14

***Posting on behalf of a CL***

Late availability at Foothills CL in Worcestershire close to The Malverns.

A peaceful site with exclusive showers and toilet, EHU available. Grass and hard standing.

Adult only, Dogs welcome, from £14 per night. 

Bakers2 replied on 23/08/2017 16:25

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:25

Wow Maddie you have a staff banner 😃.

When you add on behalf of a CL can you please include a link to their site? It is soooo difficult to search on this new website for CL'S as has been reported often on various threads 😉 over the 8 months it's been up and running 😉

replied on 23/08/2017 16:32

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:32

She did include a link Bakers. It is so hard to see though. If Bold and Underlined it shows far better. 

Have this one on me! Foothills CL

Bakers2 replied on 23/08/2017 16:46

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:32 by

She did include a link Bakers. It is so hard to see though. If Bold and Underlined it shows far better. 

Have this one on me! Foothills CL

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:46

Well so she did. No indication at all on my phone. All in black ink. But as a result of your post I did click on foothills, twice, and it did open.

Thanks for the heads up EasyT

replied on 23/08/2017 16:51

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:51

As somebody (as I remarked before) that has visual problems I wonder why the staff cannot make their links stand out. All it takes is to highlight them and click on CTRL + B and then CTRL + U. 

When I used to prepare consultation material as a small part of my work I was acutely aware that not all had perfect vision. Not a criticism of Maddie as such but of all such posts and particularly by staff.

CLMaddie replied on 24/08/2017 10:15

Posted on 23/08/2017 16:51 by

As somebody (as I remarked before) that has visual problems I wonder why the staff cannot make their links stand out. All it takes is to highlight them and click on CTRL + B and then CTRL + U. 

When I used to prepare consultation material as a small part of my work I was acutely aware that not all had perfect vision. Not a criticism of Maddie as such but of all such posts and particularly by staff.

Posted on 24/08/2017 10:15

Hi EasyT

Thank you for the feedback, a very valid point raised. I can't speak for all staff posts but I will make sure that mine are clearer in the future.

Thanks

Maddie

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook