Late availability for CL Sites 2017

RowenaBCAMC replied on 10/07/2017 15:51

Posted on 10/07/2017 15:51

Hi everyone,

This discussion is for CL owners to post any late availability for their site in 2017, so if you're looking for a last minute getaway on one of our beautiful CL Sites, don't forget to check here first. 

Edit: we have an issue with the previous discussion so I'm starting this afresh.  

olylowe replied on 22/08/2017 19:48

Posted on 22/08/2017 19:48

Late Availability & Discount August 2017 Bank Holiday Pitch Fees in South Cheshire...

Whilst our holiday cottage is again full, we presently have the odd situation whereby ALL our CL pitches are available over August Bank Holiday during the local Farmers Market and nearby Balloon Festival!!!

The site is level lawned grass with a wide double access gate and stunning views of the surrounding Cheshire countryside.  We are located a short walk from the quaint and historic village of Wrenbury on the Llangollen canal and only 4 miles from the nearby market town of Nantwich.  The site is ideal for relaxing breaks away but still being close enough to walk to the village shop and our local award winning pubs.

For our official details please check our CAMC CL Listing (CAMC Pinsley Corner Farm)

Or for more details, check availability, book online and read our reviews, please visit our website Pinsley Corner Farm

Given this odd situation “Like” & “Share” our Facebook page at Pinsley Corner Farm Facebook to not only keep up to date with what is going on in the area but also reduce your pitch price from £14/night to only £12.50/night for the August 2017 Bank Holiday weekend!!!

Thanks for looking and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

Oly & Sarah

www.pinsleycornerfarm.co.uk

NicolaW replied on 22/08/2017 20:23

Posted on 22/08/2017 20:23

Hello.  I'm posting this on behalf of another CL owner who doesn't 'do' technology smile

Frenton Farm, St Austell, Cornwall has availability over the Bank Holiday weekend and in September.  From the photos on the listing this looks like a beautiful site and it has plenty of positive reviews.  Take a look if you're thinking of getting away soon!

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/cornwall/st-austell/frenton-farm/

Or phone 01726 823098

CholseyGrange replied on 22/08/2017 20:53

Posted on 21/08/2017 21:56 by nelliethehooker

I wonder if it's the same person that cancelled a similar number of nights at Skybarn earlier in the year. Do CL owners through their link pass on the numbers of those that are cancelling? 

Alan, by posting on here, do you get others taking up the vacant dates?

Posted on 22/08/2017 20:53

Hi Nellie - Yes, you raise an interesting point.   Late Cancellations, No Shows and Early Departures were cited as the Number One issue in the 2015 survey of CL Owners.  

Unfortunately it seems that at the moment the Club doesn't wish to devote its own resources to helping CL's with this issue (citing internal resources, other priorities & data protection issues), so we have started to assess the scale of the issue amongst ourselves.

FYI Over the past 21 days (August 2017), 37 different CL's have reported losing income on a total of 413 nights.  

We are of course collecting more info than simply the nights lost (but we are mindful of Data Protection Issues), we will choose whether we wish to disclose this in due course.

We will be collecting this data over coming months, and I plan to present it at the AGM in October.  Perhaps you'd care to join me there:)

nelliethehooker replied on 22/08/2017 21:23

Posted on 22/08/2017 21:23

CG, glad to see that you ( CL owners)  are doing your own thing to try and discover if it's the same culprits. I'm not at all surprised that those at HO are ducking the issue, as they don't appear to offer a lot of support to yourselves. I'm sorry but I will not be at the AGM....I'll be away again staying on a CL, hopefully. I will be interested to hear what those at the Top Table have to say about your research findings.

I knew that there had been a lot of cancellations but didn't expect it to be as many as that. Truly disgraceful. I wonder how many cancellations that there has been on all the Club sites. It's no wonder that even when a site is showing full there are vacant pitches.

cyberyacht replied on 23/08/2017 07:17

Posted on 23/08/2017 07:17

It is significant that CL's can get together and produce late cancellation data yet the CAMC seem singularly reluctant to do so.

Rich17366 replied on 23/08/2017 08:00

Posted on 22/08/2017 21:23 by nelliethehooker

CG, glad to see that you ( CL owners)  are doing your own thing to try and discover if it's the same culprits. I'm not at all surprised that those at HO are ducking the issue, as they don't appear to offer a lot of support to yourselves. I'm sorry but I will not be at the AGM....I'll be away again staying on a CL, hopefully. I will be interested to hear what those at the Top Table have to say about your research findings.

I knew that there had been a lot of cancellations but didn't expect it to be as many as that. Truly disgraceful. I wonder how many cancellations that there has been on all the Club sites. It's no wonder that even when a site is showing full there are vacant pitches.

Posted on 23/08/2017 08:00

Hi, I am new to the Motorhome and Caravan Club this year - having had a 15 year break from Caravans, we have this year purchased a nearly new van and we are really enjoying our weekends at the local CL sites - they are peaceful / clean and the owners are very accomadating.

However we were booked onto a site a few weeks ago and our dog was ill leading up to the weekend on the morning of our booked arrival he was still ill, with the situation as it was i phoned the site and cancelled, but offered to pay for the weekend charge, i was told there was no need but i would have to be sent an email confirming that i had cancelled my booking and this would be noted for future reference and any future cancellations

I am not sure how you define the regular culprits from the genuine

I must admit that 413 lost days of revenue is alarming

Fisherman replied on 23/08/2017 08:23

Posted on 23/08/2017 08:23

Why bother going to the AGM.The same old ones will propose and second each other. A club within the club. No change and no hope for new blood.

Cherokee2015 replied on 23/08/2017 08:39

Posted on 10/08/2017 16:15 by EmilysDad

Looks great, but would find it difficult juggling a min of 3 or 5 nights with going to work. wink

Posted on 23/08/2017 08:39

Us too - it's one we've always wanted to try but the rules of minimum stay have always put us off.

In addition, there are a lot of extra charges here and there.

sgwilko replied on 23/08/2017 09:53

Posted on 23/08/2017 09:53

COMMON FARM CL,EVERINGHAM,YORK,YO42 4LH

AVAILABILITY THIS BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND[25 AUGUST 2017]

Quiet site on working farm with good access from A1079,York to Hull road.Situated between Pocklington + Market Weighton,at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds.

Adjacent to bridleway for dog walking + cycling.

Free fishing for visitors[roach + perch]

www.commonfarmcl.co.uk

sally_wilkinson@hotmail.co.uk

We hope to see you soon!Sally + Graham Wilkinson.

sgwilko replied on 23/08/2017 10:03

Posted on 23/08/2017 10:03

COMMON FARM,

as above,I should have said that we are 12 pounds per night.An extra person over 5years old an extra pound per night.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook