CLs displaying 2017 charges?

Surfer replied on 15/07/2016 13:57

Posted on 15/07/2016 13:57

On looking for a CL yesterday I noticed that quite a number had their 2017 prices in place already and most had gone up by £2? 

Has the CC asked or directed these CLs to increase their prices as too many members are using CLs instead of CC main sites?

Surfer replied on 16/07/2016 13:44

Posted on 16/07/2016 13:44

My OP seems to have been answered however ther eseems to be another issue with a number of CLs now charging for metered electric, awnings, dogs, extra people etc.  Obviously we try and avoid those type of CLs like they have the plague!

InaD replied on 16/07/2016 16:50

Posted on 16/07/2016 16:50

My OP seems to have been answered however ther eseems to be another issue with a number of CLs now charging for metered electric, awnings, dogs, extra people etc.  Obviously we try and avoid those type of CLs like they have the plague!

Well, that would depend on how much the TOTAL charge would be, wouldn't it?  Of course metered EHU is difficult to predict beforehand, but personally I don't object to that, we all have gas; if I remember rightly there was a lengthy debate about that subject on CT.

As long as it is made 100% clear what exactly is included in the price and what is extra, it's only the total amount I'm interested in.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/07/2016 19:08

Posted on 16/07/2016 19:08

Us too.

DaveandVicki replied on 17/07/2016 11:35

Posted on 17/07/2016 11:35

It's not just CLs though. We are at present on a small commercial site, no toilet block, but have H/S serviced pitches & a couple of non-serviced grass pitches and a fishing lake. The charges are £15 & £13 respecively and I'd be very surprised if there's a quieter site. We regularly use Cls, having stayed on 22 so far this year, but do look to use other types of sites when appropriate, as long as the price is right, as far as we're concerned.

I do have this nagging concern about access roads, how do you decide were to go in this respect?

Use Google maps to look at where you're going but remember how out of date it can be...our CL is just a scrubby field on Google.

We can accommodate articulated lorries into our yard so you will have no problems if you do decide to pay us a visit.

Nicola

Nicola we are currently on holiday in Cornwall, I don't have an Ipad or the like so doing my research on my mobile which isnt ideal and on C&CC  sites dam near impossible.

We weekend away quite a bit and intend increasing this to hopefully around 20 weekends a year, sometimes 1 car some times 2, we really really hope you CL fits the bill, but until we return home and can use a computer it's hard to say, but it does sound and look like it does.

Let's hope so. Happy

I can vouch that access to Skybarn couldn't be easier. Wish all sites were this easy to get to!!Wink

Write your comments here...Shush will you......Laughing

CholseyGrange replied on 20/07/2016 09:51

Posted on 20/07/2016 09:51

I can echo both Nicola and David and say that the Club has never advised us to raise prices.  The simple advice was to compare ourselves to local CL's and small commercial sites, which we have done.  We do charge (at cost) for EHU usage over 10 KwH, but it is rare, and simply ensures we can recoup any significant usage.  We are keeping our prices constanmt for 2017 and are currently running at 70%-80% occupancy.

On another topic within this thread, I see some comparison being drawn between CL's and Commercial sites in terms of prices.  You are not comparing Apples with Apples. Commercial sites are (rarely) restricted to 5 units, they can therefore cover their base costs (rates, rubbish, water, etc.) and be more flexible with their pricing if they wish to be.   In my opinion a CL delivers much more exclusivity, peace and tranquility than a larger site and could therefore charge a Premium Price over a larger site..  but I'll probbaly be shot down for that!

Fisherman replied on 21/07/2016 13:47

Posted on 21/07/2016 13:47

Just returned from a newish CL ( not in book) Wrekin View-Shrewsbury. Its what  Cls should be. Good direction(Sat Nav friendly). Excellent access. Five well signed grass pitches with EHU. Well placed water, ideal for M/H. Well sited toilet and grey water disposal.Immsculately mintained with extensive rural vews from all sites. Just behind Attingham Park NT and many other attractions in the area.Walking distance of village & pub. What more could you want.If Brian Smith can set up a new CL and charge £12 per night there is no justifiction in the high priced CLs. Will be posting a review now.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook