CLs displaying 2017 charges?

Surfer replied on 15/07/2016 13:57

Posted on 15/07/2016 13:57

On looking for a CL yesterday I noticed that quite a number had their 2017 prices in place already and most had gone up by £2? 

Has the CC asked or directed these CLs to increase their prices as too many members are using CLs instead of CC main sites?

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 18:44

Posted on 15/07/2016 18:44

Captain, I can only speak for myself as a CL owner but one who is in regular contact with some 40+ other CL owners. My price of £12 per night (all in I might add, no hidden extras Wink) is for all year round, as will be my £13 per night from January 2017 onwards. I don't charge more during school holidays. Quite frankly, I think anything up to £15 or £16 per night to include electric, wifi etc is a bargain. We are happy to pay £20 per night if we can get a serviced pitch when we (very rarely) manage to get away in our caravan!

You would be very welcome here...we're very friendly Smile and we have made the site and keep the site how we would like it to be were we staying on it...which has been tempting sometimes when things get a bit too much! Surprised If you look at my website and click the link you will be able to read all my reviews even though you're not a member....yet.

Look forward to meeting you before too long.  Go on, join the Club....you know you want to really!

Best regards
Nicola
www.skybarnfarm.co.uk
Telephone: 01522 681218
Email: enquiries@skybarnfarm.co.uk
Site 1026, page 400 of the 2015/2016 Sites Directory

Lovely response thank you.

Let's hope all the pieces fit together so we can.

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 18:49

Posted on 15/07/2016 18:49

I for one like to see proper up to date prices quoted as there is nothing that puts me off a CL more than being quoted a higher price than in the book or on the web site. OK Irealise its from prices. I do however now find them generally pricing themselves out of the market particularly off peak. Competition from the commercial sites is fierce. In May were looking at the LLeyn Peninsular and most Cls were in the region of £15 (basic) Haven charged £9-90 per night for an Europitch. OK not a proper comparison but the quality was superb and made us look at commercials for every holiday ( we have been away 11 times already this year.Next week a CL)

Haven are doing very aggressive pricing, along with their Euro pitches it's a very hard act to beat.

Personally speaking we would prefer CL's because we truly hope they are quieter than larger sites, not that I have complaints but every now again, I'm sure you know what I mean.

We are regular visitors to Devon Cofton Holiday Park out of season is also very keenly priced, and has a gym attached which appeals to my late developing (51) fitness regime.

Fysherman replied on 15/07/2016 18:57

Posted on 15/07/2016 18:57

If you like quiet, you will like CL's Capt.

As a bonus you tend to meet similar minded people. That's why many prefer them to club sites which can be busy and (to my mind anyway) crowded.

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 19:03

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:03

If you like quiet, you will like CL's Capt.

As a bonus you tend to meet similar minded people. That's why many prefer them to club sites which can be busy and (to my mind anyway) crowded.

That's exactly what we want, while here in Cornwall on holiday we have seen 2 CL's empty, can you imagine the peaceful holiday if you had the entire site to yourself? Bliss.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 19:08

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:08

It's not just CLs though. We are at present on a small commercial site, no toilet block, but have H/S serviced pitches & a couple of non-serviced grass pitches and a fishing lake. The charges are £15 & £13 respecively and I'd be very surprised if there's a quieter site. We regularly use Cls, having stayed on 22 so far this year, but do look to use other types of sites when appropriate, as long as the price is right, as far as we're concerned.

Fysherman replied on 15/07/2016 19:09

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:09

The CL owner might not be totaly happy about an empty site  but I agree all that space to yourself, happy days.

Fysherman replied on 15/07/2016 19:11

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:11

It's not just CLs though. We are at present on a small commercial site, no toilet block, but have H/S serviced pitches & a couple of non-serviced grass pitches and a fishing lake. The charges are £15 & £13 respecively and I'd be very surprised if there's a quieter site. We regularly use Cls, having stayed on 22 so far this year, but do look to use other types of sites when appropriate, as long as the price is right, as far as we're concerned.

Any chance of a PM as to location from the "other" site?

That sounds spot on.

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 19:18

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:18

I do have this nagging concern about access roads, how do you decide were to go in this respect?

NicolaW replied on 15/07/2016 19:21

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:21

I do have this nagging concern about access roads, how do you decide were to go in this respect?

Use Google maps to look at where you're going but remember how out of date it can be...our CL is just a scrubby field on Google.

We can accommodate articulated lorries into our yard so you will have no problems if you do decide to pay us a visit.

Nicola

paul56 replied on 15/07/2016 19:26

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:26

When the CLs are accepted into the network I assume that access is one of the things checked by the Club. We have had some tight squeezes and narrow lanes to get to some CLs but never had a real problems. 

You can always ask the owners when you ring to book if there are any issues. You'll soon stop worrying. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook