CLs displaying 2017 charges?

Surfer replied on 15/07/2016 13:57

Posted on 15/07/2016 13:57

On looking for a CL yesterday I noticed that quite a number had their 2017 prices in place already and most had gone up by £2? 

Has the CC asked or directed these CLs to increase their prices as too many members are using CLs instead of CC main sites?

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 19:29

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:29

It's not just CLs though. We are at present on a small commercial site, no toilet block, but have H/S serviced pitches & a couple of non-serviced grass pitches and a fishing lake. The charges are £15 & £13 respecively and I'd be very surprised if there's a quieter site. We regularly use Cls, having stayed on 22 so far this year, but do look to use other types of sites when appropriate, as long as the price is right, as far as we're concerned.

Any chance of a PM as to location from the "other" site?

That sounds spot on.

Have a look at the reviews for CL no 1435 in site directory. It's behind the comm site but hidden from it. Any more questions just ask.

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 19:31

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:31

It's not just CLs though. We are at present on a small commercial site, no toilet block, but have H/S serviced pitches & a couple of non-serviced grass pitches and a fishing lake. The charges are £15 & £13 respecively and I'd be very surprised if there's a quieter site. We regularly use Cls, having stayed on 22 so far this year, but do look to use other types of sites when appropriate, as long as the price is right, as far as we're concerned.

I do have this nagging concern about access roads, how do you decide were to go in this respect?

Use Google maps to look at where you're going but remember how out of date it can be...our CL is just a scrubby field on Google.

We can accommodate articulated lorries into our yard so you will have no problems if you do decide to pay us a visit.

Nicola

Nicola we are currently on holiday in Cornwall, I don't have an Ipad or the like so doing my research on my mobile which isnt ideal and on C&CC  sites dam near impossible.

We weekend away quite a bit and intend increasing this to hopefully around 20 weekends a year, sometimes 1 car some times 2, we really really hope you CL fits the bill, but until we return home and can use a computer it's hard to say, but it does sound and look like it does.

Let's hope so. Happy

Sorry should have added all 20 weekends will be at your CL. 

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 19:32

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:32

I do have this nagging concern about access roads, how do you decide were to go in this respect?

We read the reviews and then examine the roads on Google Earth. If they are classed a B roads they are generally good, but can have narrow spots especially in the more rural counties, eg Shopshire, Herefordshire, Cornwall & Devon.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 19:34

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:34

Use Google maps to look at where you're going but remember how out of date it can be...our CL is just a scrubby field on Google.

We can accommodate articulated lorries into our yard so you will have no problems if you do decide to pay us a visit.

Nicola

Nicola we are currently on holiday in Cornwall, I don't have an Ipad or the like so doing my research on my mobile which isnt ideal and on C&CC  sites dam near impossible.

We weekend away quite a bit and intend increasing this to hopefully around 20 weekends a year, sometimes 1 car some times 2, we really really hope you CL fits the bill, but until we return home and can use a computer it's hard to say, but it does sound and look like it does.

Let's hope so. Happy

I can vouch that access to Skybarn couldn't be easier. Wish all sites were this easy to get to!!Wink

harryb replied on 15/07/2016 20:27

Posted on 15/07/2016 20:27

As a CL Owner I can comment on this matter from our position. We regularly receive Newsletters from the Club updating us on things the Club are doing and items which may well be relevant to how we run our CL's, such as any new legislation coming up etc.  We never have any reference to what charges we should make or in fact what the Club are charging on their own sites.  Each year we have a visit from our local CL Sites Inspector which can be at any time and not advised prior to the visit to see if the site is tidy, grass cut etc and also to check how many vans are on site and if all Visitors present have their Membership Card with them. No reference is ever made to charges and when we proposed opening our CL at the start, we enquired from him what we should charge.  His reply was that he was not allowed to advise but suggested that we looked at the prices and facilities of neighbouring CL's and be competitive when starting out in order to build our own clientele and get the essential new business. Well 6 years on we have only had one price rise from the £10 we started with, and now have 70% repeat business, but will have to rise to £13 this October to pay for increased refuse collection charges and increased Public Liability cover to ensure we have all aspects of this little business covered.    So no "Big Brother" is telling us what to charge or do if that answers your questions, but I could easily see other Inspectors may make comments in their conversations which might be against Club guidance.

David    www.perthshirecl.co.uk

Thanks ST man

I think that is the very first time I have read anything like your answer re the price structure. That is probably why so many members are so suspicious, the shroud of silence that has hung around this topic.

NicolaW replied on 15/07/2016 20:50

Posted on 15/07/2016 20:50

Thanks Nellie I think that's sold us.

Nicola see you soon

Excellent! Be sure and let me know it's Captain Caravan when you book! Wink

Nicola.

JVB66 replied on 15/07/2016 21:23

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:23

Nicola see you soon

Nicola.

..With his nice new membership numberWink

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 21:37

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:37

Nicola see you soon

Nicola.

Think that C C's been with you in another guise, in the past, Nicola!Surprised

CaptainCaravan replied on 15/07/2016 21:41

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:41

Nicola see you soon

Nicola.

Think that C C's been with you in another guise, in the past, Nicola!Surprised

Sorry don't get the joke.

Nicola will be the first ever CL we will have ever used, we need to return home join the club then check the calander.

There are quite a few good points to the site, the best my long time friend and his family isn't a million miles away that's Sleaford, so we are very pleased. Online booking too!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook