2020 Club Accounts

peedee replied on 02/07/2021 14:26

Posted on 02/07/2021 14:26

These have now been lodged with Compainies House. The Club lost £10m in operating the network during the year of COVID's arrival. I had thought it would be higher so I think not too bad an outcome but there is nothing to compare it with yet?  Interestingly this year I note an energy consumption report was included, something I have not noticed before so I assume this to be a new requirement. Electricity consumption was 30 million Kwh in a year when sites were closed for some months!

peedee

SeasideBill replied on 06/07/2021 15:49

Posted on 06/07/2021 15:49

Problem too often with the so-called ‘eco’ pitch is they are too often the less desirable pitches e.g. uneven ground, slopes, miles from the toilet etc. More so CMC than CCC in my experience. I assume ‘eco’ is a reference to economical (cheaper) than ecological (sustainabie), which would explain that policy.  

I can’t think of any occasion in the summer months when I’ve absolutely had to have electricity. I’d like to see all pitches having the option of electric or not with a price differentiation, but obviously there would be some cost issues. Those folks with a penchant for gravel and being umbilically connected to energy and drainage can continue as now, while others wouldn’t be forced into paying for a service they don’t want or need. 

young thomas replied on 06/07/2021 16:32

Posted on 06/07/2021 16:32

perhaps C&CC might have its model wrong....offering the option of a non EHU pitch to members must be costing them dear and encouraging those that take it up to cause untold harm to the environment.

..and there was i thinking that generating my own, free, power, rather than using the club supply, i might be doing some little good in keeping that vast total of KWh down a fraction....obviously not.

oh well...ill just await the next round of CC price rises happy in the knowledge that by taking full advantage of the Clubs 16a supply, and despite paying ever more for the pivilege, ill be doing my bit to save the planet

im going to feel really bad now, telling the OH we wont be going to our next THS 'for environmental reasons' despite generating our own power....and we'll have to use Club sites instead...she's going to be well ****ed.

what an interesting world we live in...undecided

ps Steve...a decent MPPT solar regulator can talk to your fridge and, when batteries are charged and solar energy is available, it will automatically switch it to 'battery/12v' 

cyberyacht replied on 06/07/2021 17:09

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:09

Set your LV up properly and you need never hook up again. Off grid I use kettle, microwave, toaster and OH- hairdryer. That's why I have availed myself of the non EHU (cheaper) option on C&CC sites.

Burn me at the stake for heresy (hearsay wink ) if you must.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook