2020 Club Accounts

peedee replied on 02/07/2021 14:26

Posted on 02/07/2021 14:26

These have now been lodged with Compainies House. The Club lost £10m in operating the network during the year of COVID's arrival. I had thought it would be higher so I think not too bad an outcome but there is nothing to compare it with yet?  Interestingly this year I note an energy consumption report was included, something I have not noticed before so I assume this to be a new requirement. Electricity consumption was 30 million Kwh in a year when sites were closed for some months!

peedee

SeasideBill replied on 03/07/2021 09:13

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:08 by SteveL

You missed my point SB. Each pitch is not using 20kw. That figure is if all the 30 million Kw hours was divided by possible pitch nights. A lot will be used at HQ, toilet blocks, reception, wardens accommodation, lighting etc. I’m not sure how folk can use it indirectly, they don’t have any say in the matter. Plus as I mentioned last year a large proportion were using their own facilities, therefore a lot more water than normal would have been heated by electricity. I certainly know we did.

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:13

that’s why I said ‘directly and indirectly’. It all contributes, you can’t operate the pitches without the indirect costs, but savings are achievable in both cases, some through the actions of CMC and some through the behaviour of people like us. If folks are using their own facilities they aren’t using the Club’s so doesn’t mean costs in that scenario are proportionally higher.

SteveL replied on 03/07/2021 09:33

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:13 by SeasideBill

that’s why I said ‘directly and indirectly’. It all contributes, you can’t operate the pitches without the indirect costs, but savings are achievable in both cases, some through the actions of CMC and some through the behaviour of people like us. If folks are using their own facilities they aren’t using the Club’s so doesn’t mean costs in that scenario are proportionally higher.

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:33

I agree nothing to do with costs, but it might mean that electricity usage would be up and gas down, as water in facilities blocks is primarily heated by gas.

I suppose based on your figures it would be fair in most cases to deduct 10K a pitch night, as folk wouldn’t be using it at home.

As I said above, I’m not saying improvements can’t be made, just that things aren’t as bad as is being portrayed.

SeasideBill replied on 03/07/2021 09:45

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:45

Yes, there is a net saving as less electricity is being used at home during the householders absence, but it’s obviously invisible on CMC accounts. TBH I’m not sure if in the circumstances 20kWh is good or bad, but it does seem a lot.

cyberyacht replied on 04/07/2021 08:27

Posted on 04/07/2021 08:27

With an increasing number of LV's being self-sufficient in energy - solar, lithium, refillable gas etc. perhaps CAMC should, like C&CC offer a choice of EHU or non-EHU.

JVB66 replied on 04/07/2021 08:33

Posted on 04/07/2021 08:27 by cyberyacht

With an increasing number of LV's being self-sufficient in energy - solar, lithium, refillable gas etc. perhaps CAMC should, like C&CC offer a choice of EHU or non-EHU.

Posted on 04/07/2021 08:33

Are you suggesting more pitches on already crowded? sites or removing the ehu from some pitches?

peedee replied on 04/07/2021 09:17

Posted on 04/07/2021 08:33 by JVB66

Are you suggesting more pitches on already crowded? sites or removing the ehu from some pitches?

Posted on 04/07/2021 09:17

I think you know the solution I would advocate JVB.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 04/07/2021 09:45

Posted on 03/07/2021 09:02 by peedee

Well, at 12p per Kwh, it equates well to the circa £4 million that I recall the Club said it was costing p.a. There is no real evidence of what the Club is doing to minimise consumption.

peedee

Posted on 04/07/2021 09:45

You mean like sensor in the toilet blocks and most member used areas to save, other savings are down to members being more frugal and without the huge costs of fitting meters and their  then the annual costs of calibrating there is unless you have a any better ideas not much else can be done

SteveL replied on 04/07/2021 09:46

Posted on 04/07/2021 09:46

Particularly if only stopping for one / two nights, non EHU would be an option we would consider. Our solar managed fine for our needs on Aires over there.  I would want it on Hardstanding though.😀

Not sure about how green it is though. A fair bit of electric is generated by renewables, my LPG isn’t.🤔

peedee replied on 04/07/2021 09:52

Posted on 04/07/2021 09:52

Where do you get this need to calibrate electricity meters from JVB. My house hold meter is never calibrated once installed so why is there requirement to calibrate those used elsewhere and where is there a binding statement that this must be done?.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook