The Most Useless Organisation

replied on 16/05/2021 11:45

Posted on 16/05/2021 11:45

CAMH is beyond a joke. Friday, I organised Mayday Breakdown Cover for the new motorhome and added the car. It quoted a premium of £132 in the headline, so I clicked on 'Accept' and it then prompted a change of price to £157 because there is a £25 charge added to the bottom of the quote for the 2nd vehicle which I asked CAMH to cover as part of the quote. This is simply dishonest conduct.

Today, I tried to make a booking at Yellowcraigs but had a query on whether my 'First Night Free' Voucher would still be valid. Phoned the site, ansaphone 'we're not taking booking calls, use the website'. Problem with the website booking because it still lists the Caravan, despite my changing my profile to motorhome. Removed the Caravan and tried to add the Motorhome. Got as far as Burstner, and was unable to get beyond that because all the pre populated fields do not contain my model and there is no free text entry. Selecting 'Other' then causes a error and loses the motorhome dimensions and data.

Tried to complain by email to CAMH and there is no world beyond Microsoft Outlook. Why not give an email address so that Members who choose other email service Providers can correspond with a 'Club' that claims to offer Membership Benefits?

Cannot contact the Contact Centre because it's a Monday to Friday only operation. What an utter joke of dishonesty and incompetence in its operations.

I hope you see this Rowena and do something about it. Only9 months to wait until my membership expires and I can cancel.

Steve

Moderator Comment - As this discussion has turned into a demand that the OP returns to his thread to account for himself I think its time to draw a line under it. 

Tinwheeler replied on 16/05/2021 12:00

Posted on 16/05/2021 12:00

I won't pretend the club is perfect as we all know it isn't.

I've had no trouble mailing the club using various email providers. I also resolved issues such as updating my outfit details via FAQ and Live Chat.

Have you given up on ringing the site? I would have persisted.

Your best course of action might be to ring head office in the morning as weekends are never the best time to try to do things. All told, there are ways around most things.đź‘Ť

Takethedogalong replied on 16/05/2021 12:18

Posted on 16/05/2021 12:18

I share some of your frustration Steve. What are quite simple operations with other organisations do occasionally seem difficult with Club. In this day and age, it really did ought to be a seven days a week easy contact with HQ. It’s systematic of such an organisation really, the “shop window” visitors welcome element is 24/7/365, but the office based element is in the main Mon-Fri, BHs not included. 

Why Yellowcraig aren’t picking up the phone needs sorting. Not everything can go via the website. Appreciate Site offices aren’t staffed constantly, I would try again mid afternoon.

kenexton replied on 16/05/2021 12:29

Posted on 16/05/2021 12:29

Pales into insignificance compared to British Gas.Try contacting them if you want to test the limits of your patience and blood pressure.Technology.....?

Cornersteady replied on 16/05/2021 12:32

Posted on 16/05/2021 12:32

You may have some legitimate grievances but there are some parts that I don't understand?

...because there is a £25 charge added to the bottom of the quote for the 2nd vehicle which I asked CAMH to cover as part of the quote. This is simply dishonest conduct.

So was the extra £25 clearly shown? before you paid it? If so I would say it is hardly dishonest? You asked for a price to cover the MH and car and got it?

...had a query on whether my 'First Night Free' Voucher would still be valid. Phoned the site, ansaphone 'we're not taking booking calls, use the website'

So there was an answerphone message? Did it say anything else if wanting to talk to a warden? 

there is no world beyond Microsoft Outlook. Why not give an email address so that Members who choose other email service Providers

This is the most perplexing? An email address is just that and nothing to do with what email software you use, or at at least this is the case in my experience? 

The trying to get your MH details on the system sounds annoying but it is, in my view, hardly critical? You can still use club sites.

eurortraveller replied on 16/05/2021 12:50

Posted on 16/05/2021 12:50

Steve March, I was puzzled by your third paragraph about being unable to  e mail the Club. You can easily send a message to enquiries@camc.com - although you won't get a personal reply until Monday. 

brue replied on 16/05/2021 13:37

Posted on 16/05/2021 13:37

I realise it can get frustrating when you want information and can't get through immediately but if needed look at the useful links section at the bottom of the page. The "contact us" section is there with all the contact details for various CAMC depts, office hours are 9-5 weekdays. I think regarding site offices normally you just have to be persistent until someone is actually in the office or listening to messages but during Covid things have been running differently so more patience needed.

Just witnessed some poor guy outside a local supermarket cleaning trolleys and supervising customers going in. Big notice up saying "one shopper" at a time, customer being loudly abusive about wanting to go in with his wife. 

Just an example of how exasperation can overtake any of us. frown

DavidKlyne replied on 16/05/2021 14:13

Posted on 16/05/2021 14:13

When you buy Mayday don't get this direct from Green Flag. When ever I have had to renew or make amendments  I have always rang direct?

David

JVB66 replied on 16/05/2021 14:40

Posted on 16/05/2021 14:40

Oh for the perfect world some expectundecided and even more problems in these "strange times"

So did you contact Green Flag/Mayday call centre to query the price?

When phoning Yellowcraige did you listen to the message and then leave your number for them to contact you? When they were available , as all sites now do add cleaning/sanitising of all surfaces that members may contactsurprised 

As for emailing the club never had a problem with any systems I have used 

How does it go? It pays to talk 

Goldie146 replied on 16/05/2021 15:17

Posted on 16/05/2021 15:17

Re email “mail to” links opening the wrong (unwanted) email programme.

There is advice out there - Search online for “how to change browser’s default programme” or similar wording. It used to annoy me that clicking on a link opened the latest standalone Outlook, rather than one I used.

Easy to do. 

JVB66 replied on 16/05/2021 15:24

Posted on 16/05/2021 15:17 by Goldie146

Re email “mail to” links opening the wrong (unwanted) email programme.

There is advice out there - Search online for “how to change browser’s default programme” or similar wording. It used to annoy me that clicking on a link opened the latest standalone Outlook, rather than one I used.

Easy to do. 

Posted on 16/05/2021 15:24

Are you saying it is/was operator errorwink

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook