Site Directory and Map 2017/2018

Fisherman replied on 20/11/2016 18:09

Posted on 20/11/2016 18:09

Not going to many updates as web sites shows none since July.

Wildwood replied on 20/11/2016 19:14

Posted on 20/11/2016 19:14

Maybe for some but there'll be many who don't have wifi on their phones, only use a laptop at home for their bookings & don't have a printer either ( or one that doesn't work, anywayWink), and others without any internet who rely soley on the site directory for site information & directions.

A very small minority! They will be the ones who will eventually have to pay a higher subscription for a paper service.

peedee

The club have to be fair to all and I am not sure if giving a discount for an online service only is that. Personally I prefer to have the printed items as well as access to the web service and to me the discount is simply not big enough to change my mind and I am a member of both clubs.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/11/2016 21:39

Posted on 20/11/2016 21:39

Maybe for some but there'll be many who don't have wifi on their phones, only use a laptop at home for their bookings & don't have a printer either ( or one that doesn't work, anywayWink), and others without any internet who rely soley on the site directory for site information & directions.

A very small minority! They will be the ones who will eventually have to pay a higher subscription for a paper service.

peedee

Are you sure about that in both respects? Just because the C&CC does that, there's been no indication that the CC will follow suit. I would think that there's a lot more than you imagine who don't book through the internet. Don't forget that CT is certainly not representative of the full membership.

replied on 20/11/2016 22:21

Posted on 20/11/2016 22:21

I book through the internet but no smartphone. No wifi means no internet

peedee replied on 21/11/2016 08:01

Posted on 21/11/2016 08:01

peedee

Are you sure about that in both respects? Just because the C&CC does that, there's been no indication that the CC will follow suit. I would think that there's a lot more than you imagine who don't book through the internet. Don't forget that CT is certainly not representative of the full membership.

The numbers of the UK population using the internet is round about the 95 percent mark, the figure is even higher for those with mobile phones. Its about progress and cost savings.

peedee

Kennine replied on 21/11/2016 09:37

Posted on 21/11/2016 09:37

As we are now well into the 21st century and the internet is available to all, if they so choose, I would suggest that on - line documentation should be the default and if some people want to also have a printed version of the list of sites and a map they should have the ability to request those items for an extra charge.  Other camping organisations successfully use this method. 

Cheers............K

N1805 replied on 21/11/2016 10:12

Posted on 21/11/2016 10:12

Agree with Wildwood . Quote " The club have to be fair to all and I am not sure if giving a discount for an online service only is that."   Even if you have smartphone/tablet etc & choose to use WiFi/Interenet connections they can at times be problematic away from home.

replied on 21/11/2016 11:50

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:50

peedee

The numbers of the UK population using the internet is round about the 95 percent mark, the figure is even higher for those with mobile phones. Its about progress and cost savings.

peedee

The numbers using internet might be 95% but I would venture a guess that those having access to mobile internet is significantly less. 

peedee replied on 21/11/2016 12:02

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:02

The numbers using internet might be 95% but I would venture a guess that those having access to mobile internet is significantly less. 

Even the cheapest of phones have access to the internet these days. Even so what ever did we do before the advent of all this technology? What is wrong with using a public phone box or even asking the site manager/warden to book ahead for you if technology fails you.

peedee

replied on 21/11/2016 12:11

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:11

First you need sites info to obtain details of available sites and phone numbers. Then you can indeed phone!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook