Site Directory and Map 2017/2018

nelliethehooker replied on 18/11/2016 19:33

Posted on 18/11/2016 19:33

The handbook wins for me everytime, battery power has let me down!Wink

And for us, and a decent map too is reqired. Can't always get signal when on some CLs so need book to seek follow-on sites, and use it for the directions to sites, as well.

peedee replied on 19/11/2016 07:42

Posted on 19/11/2016 07:42

I wouldn't be bothered if it didn't arrive at all. Not made use of it for years.  I appreaciate that some people do which is fine.  I do all my research and bookings online.  I would like to see the CC introduce an online only membership option, with no handbook or magazine like the C&CC do, at a slightly reduced membership fee.

Snap, the only time it is sometimes used is when approaching site for directions.This could also easily be made unnecessay by adding site directions to the email confirming a booking.

peedee

SteveL replied on 19/11/2016 09:10

Posted on 19/11/2016 09:10

I wouldn't be bothered if it didn't arrive at all. Not made use of it for years.  I appreaciate that some people do which is fine.  I do all my research and bookings online.  I would like to see the CC introduce an online only membership option, with no handbook or magazine like the C&CC do, at a slightly reduced membership fee.

Snap, the only time it is sometimes used is when approaching site for directions.This could also easily be made unnecessay by adding site directions to the email confirming a booking.

peedee

If you have a smartphone or a pad the directions are available on the app, even when you have no internet connection. We never take the book with us these days, although do refer to it occasionally at home. However, as you say it would be very easy to add them to the email, particularly the enjoy your holiday one, which has a little map, address and lat + long already.  Perhaps  they will take note.

peedee replied on 19/11/2016 09:42

Posted on 19/11/2016 09:42

If you have a smartphone or a pad the directions are available on the app, even when you have no internet connection.

I had forgotten that Steve, even so my other half isn't that good with Apps and technology and I do need the directions read to me for the last few miles when I am driving even as a check to what I have programmed into the sat nav using waypoints.

peedee

nelliethehooker replied on 19/11/2016 21:05

Posted on 19/11/2016 21:05

peedee

Maybe for some but there'll be many who don't have wifi on their phones, only use a laptop at home for their bookings & don't have a printer either ( or one that doesn't work, anywayWink), and others without any internet who rely soley on the site directory for site information & directions.

peedee replied on 20/11/2016 07:38

Posted on 20/11/2016 07:38

Maybe for some but there'll be many who don't have wifi on their phones, only use a laptop at home for their bookings & don't have a printer either ( or one that doesn't work, anywayWink), and others without any internet who rely soley on the site directory for site information & directions.

A very small minority! They will be the ones who will eventually have to pay a higher subscription for a paper service.

peedee

peedee replied on 20/11/2016 09:20

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:20

Aa an aside I note the C&CC's electronic subscription has remained flat for the past 3 years at £37 while that of the CC's has increased £4 from £44 to £48 this year.

peedee

Navigateur replied on 20/11/2016 15:35

Posted on 20/11/2016 15:35

I hope this years map is easier to read than last effort. I think it poor as well that a new map and at least any site ammendments are not sent out annually instead of issuing the info every two years.

Site ammendments and map changes could be printed in the "magazine" on a special page that turned the printed bit into stickers to put on the map.

ABM replied on 20/11/2016 17:04

Posted on 20/11/2016 17:04

Nav,  do  you  mean  like  those  Address  stickies  that  come  with  the  C/mas  draw  tickets  blocking  up  my  letterbox  these  days  ??

Fisherman replied on 20/11/2016 18:06

Posted on 20/11/2016 18:06

Getting the booklet is the most desirable bit of my annual fee. Put the uodates in the Mag in tearable form so we can attch to booklet. Not rocket science.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook