Club AGM 2022

Hja replied on 05/11/2022 19:12

Posted on 05/11/2022 19:12

If I recall the waste point in the Battle site involved you sticking out into the road way.

Tinwheeler replied on 05/11/2022 19:16

Posted on 05/11/2022 19:16

On the subject of MHSPs, the old ones that needed the back breaking covers lifting were appalling. The new ones are absolutely fine although the location isn’t always ideal. I guess there are reasons why the new points were placed in the position of the old ones. 🀷🏻‍♂️

SteveL replied on 05/11/2022 22:06

Posted on 05/11/2022 19:16 by Tinwheeler

On the subject of MHSPs, the old ones that needed the back breaking covers lifting were appalling. The new ones are absolutely fine although the location isn’t always ideal. I guess there are reasons why the new points were placed in the position of the old ones. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Posted on 05/11/2022 22:06

I would say they are OK rather than absolutely fine. They are much better than the back breaking covers, however they are often positioned on slopes and do require accuracy to avoid contents flowing elsewhere. Unfortunately not all can be bothered to be accurate.

As to other site providers in the UK, some are much better, some are worse. At C&CC Poolewe I used my 23 litre Fiamma roll tank, bought for Altnaharra,  as the disposal would have required messing about with hose extensions to use.

Tinwheeler replied on 05/11/2022 22:29

Posted on 05/11/2022 22:06 by SteveL

I would say they are OK rather than absolutely fine. They are much better than the back breaking covers, however they are often positioned on slopes and do require accuracy to avoid contents flowing elsewhere. Unfortunately not all can be bothered to be accurate.

As to other site providers in the UK, some are much better, some are worse. At C&CC Poolewe I used my 23 litre Fiamma roll tank, bought for Altnaharra,  as the disposal would have required messing about with hose extensions to use.

Posted on 05/11/2022 22:29

If there’s any difficulty, I just unclip our waste drain hose from under the sill and drop the nozzle of the tap through the bars of the grid.

Altnaharra - there’s a challenge πŸ˜„

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook