Club AGM 2022

JVB66 replied on 05/11/2022 17:08

Posted on 05/11/2022 16:28 by young thomas

Steve, I can see your point...unfortunately the MHSP are what we were given... they are poor, have been installed seemingly without any of that team having a clue as the what each should be achieving and, secondly which siting would best achieve it.

poor design or not (and hopefully someone WILL eventually go to Europe and check out how to do it...) it's the principle of the Club response that PeeDee was highlighting and I was seconding that point.

Taking you point to the extreme, perhaps the MHSP are so bad and so poorly sited that all MH should be banned from using them...

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:08

Many sites are not owned by this club but are leased and M/C service points were installed many years ago on site before the explosion in their ownership

Quite a few few leases are now quite short and to move or install the later type of drive over service points is quite an investment so if in a short lease that nay not be renewing is questionable when some sites site in very valuable building land 

Takethedogalong replied on 05/11/2022 17:12

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:12

I would suggest that many MHs you see on Club Sites tend to be used much as Caravans are, park up and then they might not roll a wheel for a week or so. Many belong to Club Members who have made the swop to an MH for whatever reason, but still like to pitch up and stay. Nothing wrong with it as well. But some of the drive over waste points are direly sited. YRP is a fiasco from 10am onwards with lots having to drive around the site to empty up near the back gate. Barnard Castle, we had to drive out the barrier and back in again to use the one there. 

Cornersteady replied on 05/11/2022 17:24

Posted on 05/11/2022 16:28 by young thomas

Steve, I can see your point...unfortunately the MHSP are what we were given... they are poor, have been installed seemingly without any of that team having a clue as the what each should be achieving and, secondly which siting would best achieve it.

poor design or not (and hopefully someone WILL eventually go to Europe and check out how to do it...) it's the principle of the Club response that PeeDee was highlighting and I was seconding that point.

Taking you point to the extreme, perhaps the MHSP are so bad and so poorly sited that all MH should be banned from using them...

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:24

Of course you saying they are poor and they actually being poor are not necessarily the same thing? 

The ones I used (as a passenger) recently in Italy looked the same as the ones on club sites to my untrained eye of course.

btw is it just club sites that have 'poor' design on MHSP or are there sites in UK where it's done better? Your oft recommended Concierge Camping site for example that the club should aim to be?

replied on 05/11/2022 17:36

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 05/11/2022 17:41

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:24 by Cornersteady

Of course you saying they are poor and they actually being poor are not necessarily the same thing? 

The ones I used (as a passenger) recently in Italy looked the same as the ones on club sites to my untrained eye of course.

btw is it just club sites that have 'poor' design on MHSP or are there sites in UK where it's done better? Your oft recommended Concierge Camping site for example that the club should aim to be?

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:41

As with Silver Screens, I'll treat you as a non expert in this area👎

a good MHSP is a good one where ever in the world it is sited. 
I haven't 'recommended Consierge Camping for many a year...it's a fabulous site, with facilities blocks the club could only dream of, but since the prices went through the roof, we haven't been there.

I use a site in Oxfordshire regularly which has much space and the MHSP is, in effect, a separate pitch (close to the exit) where a MH can park up out of anyones way and empty their waste into an are as DD describes, with the drain in the low point making positioning far less critical.

Cornersteady replied on 05/11/2022 17:47

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:41 by young thomas

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:47

Fair enough and I could say the same about your use of club sites now, but why not just answer the question?

btw is it just club sites that have 'poor' design on MHSP or are there sites in UK where it's done better? Your oft recommended Concierge Camping site for example that the club should aim to be?

Cornersteady replied on 05/11/2022 17:59

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:41 by young thomas

a good MHSP is a good one where ever in the world it is sited. 
I haven't 'recommended Consierge Camping for many a year...it's a fabulous site, with facilities blocks the club could only dream of, but since the prices went through the roof, we haven't been there.

I use a site in Oxfordshire regularly which has much space and the MHSP is, in effect, a separate pitch (close to the exit) where a MH can park up out of anyones way and empty their waste into an are as DD describes, with the drain in the low point making positioning far less critical.

Posted on 05/11/2022 17:59

Well you're in luck then as the newer ones I've noticed on club sites I've used are just like that, out of the way, sloping downwards to the grate and larger than any MH I've seen.

Of course if you used club sites recently you would have noticed so I can forgive the fact you don't know. I'll take some photos next time. 

DavidKlyne replied on 05/11/2022 18:00

Posted on 05/11/2022 18:00

I don't accept that the open grill grey waste disposal points on Club sites are poor.  In the majority of sites that I have used they are perfectly suited to my needs. I have found the odd one poorly positioned as I have had to pull in and reverse back in order to be over the grill rather than drive over. But even then it takes seconds out of my life! 

Going back to the purpose of this thread which was about the AGM and the answers received.  I still maintain that when the question was asked about provision of emptying facilities for non stayers the answer was at best flippant and at worst most unhelpful. When senior members of the Club answer questions at the AGM, which of course is official business, we should expect those question to be answered in a serious manner. I am not advocating that such provision be provided just saying that anyone asking about such provision should be treated respectfully with a proper answer.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook