Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2020 16:02

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:02

Yes, that works. We used to book a preferred pitch on our favourite CL, but they were huge individual pitches, and it was ok at first, but not always possible as it became more popular. But with only five to choose from, you couldn’t always get what you wanted, although we did sometimes move pitch for a change. It always felt like a different holiday then😂 Easy for us, we travel light. Like you, we used to see same folks over our month away, so seldom encountered anyone noisy.

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2020 16:04

Posted on 26/10/2020 15:01 by Takethedogalong

It will work if the Site has spare capacity, and options for those not getting their first choice. 

If the Club adopts the “you must choose a pitch” approach, then I hope it also gives the leeway of changing that choice as well. I cannot imagine booking pitch 25 on a Site, turning up and finding pitch 26 has a very noisy family on it, and pitch 24 has a hard of hearing couple with two yappers on it, and having to spend a fortnight sandwiched in my idea of holiday hell. We have driven away from Sites like this, and never been back.

Members need to be careful what they wish for........giving up choice is a backward step sometimes. I don’t have any problem choosing between HS or grass, that is fine, but not a designated pitch without the option to move.

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:04

In the UK its the last thing i would want to do ,even if as we are familiar with the layout of quite a few sites ,and as posted it may well be ok for those who tend to have long stays at  off peak periods , but not when in the UK many sites are busy,  and may well get even more so for a longer touring season  in the future 

yellowbelly replied on 26/10/2020 16:21

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:21

There's a big difference between trying to let two families have adjacent pitches and pre-allocating all pitches. Giving members a free choice of pitch is a clear differentiator for the Club so there was no indication in the answewr given that there are any plans to change this approach.

Another unnecessary hare set to run as a result of a CT debate??

DavidKlyne replied on 26/10/2020 16:29

Posted on 26/10/2020 11:55 by GTP

It seems that it will be able to cope with booking pitch type, something I, along with others, have argued for, for some time. 

Am I missing something here DK...The facility to book a 'Pitch type' is part of the booking process....unless you mean 'specific pitch number'...which according to the warden on the site I am currently visiting....says cannot work, 

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:29

As TW mentioned It was pitch surface that I was referring but to me a hardstanding pitch is a pitch typewink As a motorhomer I have no wish to use a grass pitch except maybe in a dry summer when other options are not there!

Going slightly off your main topic but to answer some of the other questions regarding being able a pitch number. Somebody at the AGM raised the issue of being able to book several pitches together to allow family and friends to be on adjacent pitches. It was confirmed that the rule remains first come first served. However the Club did give a bit of a nod towards this because obviously they have had some feedback on the subject. I didn't get the impression that they were going to introduce this but got the impression that they were looking at it so if or when it became a reality whether it would be a formal or informal approach we don't know. Nothing may come of it!

I don't think the ability to be able to book a specific pitch would work on Club sites. It can work on sites where people are booking pitches of seven days at a time or multiples of seven days. But on Club sites where the number of days booked is infinitely variable it could lead to gaps that didn't match what people wanted. I don't think many of us would be happy to use a pitch for three days and then be told we had to move to another because someone had booked the same pitch?

David

brue replied on 26/10/2020 16:42

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:42

The AGM gave very little indication of real changes regarding bookings. I'd suggest, when the AGM is posted on line that anyone interested reads through the details.

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2020 18:16

Posted on 26/10/2020 18:16

It wasn’t my intention YB. I am perfectly happy for family and friends to pitch together on Club Sites, but glad I won’t be the one trying to organise it. 😉

nelliethehooker replied on 26/10/2020 20:46

Posted on 26/10/2020 18:16 by Takethedogalong

It wasn’t my intention YB. I am perfectly happy for family and friends to pitch together on Club Sites, but glad I won’t be the one trying to organise it. 😉

Posted on 26/10/2020 20:46

Or to be there when it happens!

DavidKlyne replied on 26/10/2020 20:54

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:21 by yellowbelly

There's a big difference between trying to let two families have adjacent pitches and pre-allocating all pitches. Giving members a free choice of pitch is a clear differentiator for the Club so there was no indication in the answewr given that there are any plans to change this approach.

Posted on 26/10/2020 20:54

YB

It is correct what you say in that at the AGM the Club gave no indication that pre-allocating pitches would ever be a reality. However I sensed that there was a degree of sympathy for families/friends  that wanted to be together. The only way I could see that happening was if site staff were able to make the arrangements on the day of arrival. The downside for the participants is that they would have to accept where the warden put them!!! Probably best to leave it as it is!!!

David

peedee replied on 27/10/2020 07:53

Posted on 27/10/2020 07:53

There is an easy solution to this, allow the first arrival to reserve the pitch adjacent or opposite  to them for their friends/family instead of this practice being frowned upon.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 27/10/2020 08:01

Posted on 27/10/2020 07:53 by peedee

There is an easy solution to this, allow the first arrival to reserve the pitch adjacent or opposite  to them for their friends/family instead of this practice being frowned upon.

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:01

I cannot see a problem with that ,it can work nowwink        but only be "allowed" if the "other unit" is arriving soon , not many hours latersurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook