Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

replied on 27/10/2020 08:07

Posted on 27/10/2020 07:53 by peedee

There is an easy solution to this, allow the first arrival to reserve the pitch adjacent or opposite  to them for their friends/family instead of this practice being frowned upon.

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 27/10/2020 08:18

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:08 by peedee

not many hours later

I would settle for the same day.

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:18

Not sure about that, it could be 8hrs or more at weekends  (fridays)it could cause quite a bit of animosity where the (which is probably what started the instruction)  first LV arrives "early?"and how many pitches "saved"

We have noted how when a "rally"is using a site how many "chairs" are put on adjacent pitches by the earlier arrivals

peedee replied on 27/10/2020 08:53

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:53

We have noted how when a "rally"is using a site how many "chairs" are put on adjacent pitches by the earlier arrivals

It was more usually wellie boots over the peg when I rallied.

peedee

replied on 27/10/2020 08:57

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:53 by peedee

It was more usually wellie boots over the peg when I rallied.

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2020 08:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DSB replied on 27/10/2020 12:19

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:09 by DavidKlyne

I got the impression the the new "Booking Engine" was there but not introduced? Probably 2020 or 2021 are not the years to start a new system. Having said that it does seem that it will be a more flexible platform, as hinted the ability to be able to book pitch type? The trouble with many of the answers was that they were not always clear cut, so you could read all sorts of things into them. One of the questions at the AGM was about charging for dogs which was skirted around a bit but the answer did mention they do charge for dogs in the fixed accommodation because of the extra cleaning involved which all seems very sensible but the question wasn't answered directly so perhaps the "New Booking Engine" will have options to charge and book all sorts of things which currently it can't?

David

Posted on 27/10/2020 12:19

The ability to book a pitch type is something that I have been arguing since I became a Club Council Member.  I am obviously so pleased that eventually this will come on-line, although it may be a little time away.

Those who listened to the AGM will also be aware that the Club are also still considering whether or not a deposit system would be a good idea.

In a year when the Club has had to deal with all the problems and challenges of Covid, I'm not really surprised that, this year has not been easy.

However, one plus is that many folk have been able to view the AGM from the comfort of their own homes.  It might be a good idea to offer this as an option, even when things do get 'back to normal'.

We also had a Zoom Club Council Meeting, which again had advantages.  Unlike the AGM, the Council Meeting was a normal Zoom meeting where we could see and talk.  In many respects this was good.... we could actually see everyone's faces rather the back of people's heads.....

On the subject of booking specific pitches, I doubt if this would work for the Club, and even if it did, I would have thought this would be much further down the line.  If you allowed folk to book individual/ specific pitches, there is more possibility of having odd spaces left on site.  This would mean if folk wanted to book (perhaps last minute bookings) they could end up by having to swap pitches during their stay, if one pitch had been pre-booked but others had not.  This could deter folk from booking.... (e.g. If I wanted to book for a 3 night stay  but because specific pitches were booked, I would have to move pitches after one night, I would be less likely to bother booking). Understandably, the Club would want to maximize bookings - not just to maximize income, but to give more members the opportunity to book...

So why do some non-club sites allow it?  This is done usually where a site is so busy that if they have an 'odd space' they are fairly sure someone else will be along soon to book it, or if the site is often less busy, that there will always be spaces.  Another way sites cope with it is by 'managing' specific pitches.  This would involve using a variety of strategies, including restricting booking to a certain number of days (e.g. some sites will say Saturday to Saturday booking only during busy periods), or only offering certain pitches as being available to avoid odd pitches being left (this is more risky and still could result in gaps and less bookings).

Just a few thoughts.... which, very quickly, I may not have explained very clearly.... sittingchere in the caravan, with 3 mobile internet going in and out of range... 

David

peedee replied on 29/10/2020 14:25

Posted on 29/10/2020 14:25

I would have thought with all this downtime we are having the pages of the AGM could have been upadated at the same time.

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 30/10/2020 15:14

Posted on 29/10/2020 14:25 by peedee

I would have thought with all this downtime we are having the pages of the AGM could have been upadated at the same time.

peedee

Posted on 30/10/2020 15:14

They could be waiting for the AGM Minutes to be typed up and distributed to the three interested parties who were at the meeting before publication? As I know from personal experience of compiling minutes from long meetings they have to go through several stages to be checked by management. I don't know how easy it is for someone from the Club to then publish them on the website. It's only been a week so far. If they are to provide answers to all the questions asked they may need to be some consultation with other members of Club management before being published?

David

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2020 15:25

Posted on 30/10/2020 15:14 by DavidKlyne

They could be waiting for the AGM Minutes to be typed up and distributed to the three interested parties who were at the meeting before publication? As I know from personal experience of compiling minutes from long meetings they have to go through several stages to be checked by management. I don't know how easy it is for someone from the Club to then publish them on the website. It's only been a week so far. If they are to provide answers to all the questions asked they may need to be some consultation with other members of Club management before being published?

David

Posted on 30/10/2020 15:25

With so many EGH staff working "remotely" it may be a while ,as advised last week, with another subject that is quite urgent and important for some

peedee replied on 31/10/2020 11:21

Posted on 31/10/2020 11:21

Yes I can fully understand that it will take time to type up and vet. The questions were lodged well before the AGM and therefore there should have been plenty of time to compile answers to these. Nevertheless why leave a page live with outdated information?

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook