Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

brue replied on 25/10/2020 14:08

Posted on 25/10/2020 13:48 by JVB66

With the "announcement?" that in the next 12/18 months a new booking system could be in the pipeline? is it the reason some parts of the club website ,do not appear to be getting any where near sorted,as the cost  has been found to be too high and would be overtaken by the new system so not finacially viable at this time?undecided

Just my musingswink

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:08

At the AGM we heard that the operating capacity on the net had been doubled...

DavidKlyne replied on 25/10/2020 14:09

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:09

I got the impression the the new "Booking Engine" was there but not introduced? Probably 2020 or 2021 are not the years to start a new system. Having said that it does seem that it will be a more flexible platform, as hinted the ability to be able to book pitch type? The trouble with many of the answers was that they were not always clear cut, so you could read all sorts of things into them. One of the questions at the AGM was about charging for dogs which was skirted around a bit but the answer did mention they do charge for dogs in the fixed accommodation because of the extra cleaning involved which all seems very sensible but the question wasn't answered directly so perhaps the "New Booking Engine" will have options to charge and book all sorts of things which currently it can't?

David

brue replied on 25/10/2020 14:16

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:16

I came away from watching the AGM feeling that the membership deserved some better informed and more forward looking answers to their questions. 

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2020 14:26

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:08 by brue

At the AGM we heard that the operating capacity on the net had been doubled...

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:26

Any improvement noticed?undecided or has it been increased to "assist" those 100? staff working from home?

DavidKlyne replied on 25/10/2020 17:42

Posted on 25/10/2020 14:16 by brue

I came away from watching the AGM feeling that the membership deserved some better informed and more forward looking answers to their questions. 

Posted on 25/10/2020 17:42

There certainly wasn't much in the way of strategic vision that was shared!!!

David

GTP replied on 26/10/2020 11:55

Posted on 24/10/2020 15:50 by DavidKlyne

Tend to agree with Goldie's Jam Tomorrow comment but perhaps that is because the Club have no idea how the rest of 2020 will pan out and 2021 is even more uncertain in terms of planning? 

I know it's easy to put two and two together to make five but I found some of the comments interesting in what they didn't say. We know there will be a new "booking engine" whatever that is in the next 12/18 months. It was pretty clear (in the absence of an outright denial) that it could cope with deposits. It seems that it will be able to cope with booking pitch type, something I, along with others, have argued for, for some time. 

David

Posted on 26/10/2020 11:55

It seems that it will be able to cope with booking pitch type, something I, along with others, have argued for, for some time. 

Am I missing something here DK...The facility to book a 'Pitch type' is part of the booking process....unless you mean 'specific pitch number'...which according to the warden on the site I am currently visiting....says cannot work, 

Tinwheeler replied on 26/10/2020 13:14

Posted on 26/10/2020 11:55 by GTP

It seems that it will be able to cope with booking pitch type, something I, along with others, have argued for, for some time. 

Am I missing something here DK...The facility to book a 'Pitch type' is part of the booking process....unless you mean 'specific pitch number'...which according to the warden on the site I am currently visiting....says cannot work, 

Posted on 26/10/2020 13:14

I think David is probably referring to surface type.

replied on 26/10/2020 13:34

Posted on 26/10/2020 11:55 by GTP

Posted on 26/10/2020 13:34

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2020 15:01

Posted on 26/10/2020 15:01

It will work if the Site has spare capacity, and options for those not getting their first choice. 

If the Club adopts the “you must choose a pitch” approach, then I hope it also gives the leeway of changing that choice as well. I cannot imagine booking pitch 25 on a Site, turning up and finding pitch 26 has a very noisy family on it, and pitch 24 has a hard of hearing couple with two yappers on it, and having to spend a fortnight sandwiched in my idea of holiday hell. We have driven away from Sites like this, and never been back.

Members need to be careful what they wish for........giving up choice is a backward step sometimes. I don’t have any problem choosing between HS or grass, that is fine, but not a designated pitch without the option to move.

replied on 26/10/2020 15:51

Posted on 26/10/2020 15:01 by Takethedogalong

It will work if the Site has spare capacity, and options for those not getting their first choice. 

If the Club adopts the “you must choose a pitch” approach, then I hope it also gives the leeway of changing that choice as well. I cannot imagine booking pitch 25 on a Site, turning up and finding pitch 26 has a very noisy family on it, and pitch 24 has a hard of hearing couple with two yappers on it, and having to spend a fortnight sandwiched in my idea of holiday hell. We have driven away from Sites like this, and never been back.

Members need to be careful what they wish for........giving up choice is a backward step sometimes. I don’t have any problem choosing between HS or grass, that is fine, but not a designated pitch without the option to move.

Posted on 26/10/2020 15:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook