Booking date for 2017 bookings

replied on 04/09/2016 13:49

Posted on 04/09/2016 13:49

Hi

Can you tell me the date bokings open for after March 2017 please? I'm sure its on the site somewhere but I can't find it.

Many thanks

SteveL replied on 08/09/2016 21:47

Posted on 08/09/2016 21:47

You can change the day, perhaps even rotate it one day a year. At the end of the day you will never please all the people all the time. As I put earlier, we have booked on frenzy day every year  we have been members. For the first 6 years we were both working and we managed. If you want to book something enough you do. I am at least speaking from experience of using the system. Rather than all these vague comments, from those who have never used it.  Lets have a few facts of why you were unable to book on frenzy day.

EmilysDad replied on 08/09/2016 22:08

Posted on 08/09/2016 22:08

..... whereas they are unwilling to take time off work to do so during the week.

We've never booked on frency day, but could think of far better things to use my annual leave for. My work leave is on a rolling 12 months, which IMHO would be a far better arrangement for all. And if a site was booked when I wanted to go there, I'd pick another, cos lets face it a CC site is pretty much the same as any other CC site ..... just in a different place ..... I can't understand why anyone would be fanatitical over a specific site

SteveL replied on 09/09/2016 08:11

Posted on 09/09/2016 08:11

It's like insisting on eating at a specific branch of McDonalds.

I could not get fanatical about eating in any branch of McDonalds. Coffee and wifi are OK though.

young thomas replied on 09/09/2016 08:49

Posted on 09/09/2016 08:49

Don't see it as odd at all BB, if I were interested I would be more than happy if it advantaged me. Can't understand this 'fair play' thing, get in there first I say and ****er the rest Happy

yes, we use the same attitude when we arrive at 11:30...i just browbeat the warden to let us in, ****er the rest, i sayWink

IamtheGaitor replied on 10/09/2016 16:36

Posted on 10/09/2016 16:36

unwilling to take time off work to do so during the week.

Unwilling - no,   unable - yes.

At the weekend the majority would have a fair chance - both those who work a 'normal' week and those who dont work at all could access the system. Yes I know it wouldnt be everyone - shift workers etc - but it would still be a much higher proportion than it is now.  
However I see from the post from the club underneath my post on page one of the thread that they can't even be bothered to comment on this as a suggestion, and have chosen a Wednesday at 9am as their definition of equality of opportunity.  

Think there was another post somewhere about whether the club listens to members and this clearly says it doesnt. 

JVB66 replied on 10/09/2016 16:51

Posted on 10/09/2016 16:51

..... whereas they are unwilling to take time off work to do so during the week.

We've never booked on frency day, but could think of far better things to use my annual leave for. My work leave is on a rolling 12 months, which IMHO would be a far better arrangement for all. And if a site was booked when I wanted to go there, I'd pick another, cos lets face it a CC site is pretty much the same as any other CC site ..... just in a different place ..... I can't understand why anyone would be fanatitical over a specific site

...Rowntree park and Baltic Wharf are sites to name a couple that we would go for on "frenzy day and work a tour round them ,if they were on our next year's itinerary,   but as we have done both on several occasions,  we will be giving way to some one else next year (for now)

Vicmallows replied on 10/09/2016 17:04

Posted on 10/09/2016 17:04

Perhaps one day I will find out what is so fantastic about CC sites that  'everyone' must book at the very first opportunity. So far (as a non-member) nothing I have read on the forum gives me any inclination to even try one. (Access to CLs is a different matter).

JVB66 replied on 10/09/2016 17:09

Posted on 10/09/2016 17:09

Perhaps one day I will find out what is so fantastic about CC sites that  'everyone' must book at the very first opportunity. So far (as a non-member) nothing I have read on the forum gives me any inclination to even try one. (Access to CLs is a different matter).

.Then unless you join you will not see wil you,  as the few on here are far from reprsentative of the hundreds of thousands that use clubs site of both major clubs,  and the thousand of cl/cs networks open to members only

Alfie94 replied on 11/09/2016 20:15

Posted on 11/09/2016 20:15

Better to have 12 months rolling or weekend bookings,  as a day off work to book sites reduces my days holiday to spend on site in my van

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook