Booking date for 2017 bookings

replied on 04/09/2016 13:49

Posted on 04/09/2016 13:49

Hi

Can you tell me the date bokings open for after March 2017 please? I'm sure its on the site somewhere but I can't find it.

Many thanks

nelliethehooker replied on 07/09/2016 22:03

Posted on 07/09/2016 22:03

I could not care less what day of the week is picked. However, we at least do book sites on booking day, which is more than most who are advocating change.I am sure the CC have a good reason for picking Wednesday the 7th December and they will be along to enlighten us shortly.

And what proof of that do you have, or is it just supposition?

briantimber replied on 07/09/2016 22:15

Posted on 07/09/2016 22:15

I could not care less what day of the week is picked. However, we at least do book sites on booking day, which is more than most who are advocating change.I am sure the CC have a good reason for picking Wednesday the 7th December and they will be along to enlighten us "shortly".

Don't mention the "S" wordSealed Nobody knows how long it actualy means....Undecided

SteveL replied on 07/09/2016 22:50

Posted on 07/09/2016 22:50

I could not care less what day of the week is picked. However, we at least do book sites on booking day, which is more than most who are advocating change.I am sure the CC have a good reason for picking Wednesday the 7th December and they will be along to enlighten us shortly.

I have definitely seen a lot of posts during my time on CT advocating change but those self same posters claim they never partake. However, the rules of CT prohibit pointing, so it will just have to remain my view.

IanH replied on 08/09/2016 07:19

Posted on 08/09/2016 07:19

I have definitely seen a lot of posts during my time on CT advocating change but those self same posters claim they never partake. However, the rules of CT prohibit pointing, so it will just have to remain my view.

I noticed that too, Steve Wink

Kennine replied on 08/09/2016 08:58

Posted on 08/09/2016 08:58

Write your comments here...I've noticed that too and like you say the CT rules prohibit pointing or naming any of the group..

So I wont !!!!

K Happy

young thomas replied on 08/09/2016 09:12

Posted on 08/09/2016 09:12

irrespective of which 'rule/process' is being discussed, its use not a prerequsite to being able to see if something could be improvedUndecided

...be it.....arrival times...booking a HS.....frenzy day start date...closing the loos for cleaning....or any other item that can be improved.

folk usually post from their experiences of a similar process working better 'elsewhere'....

SteveL replied on 08/09/2016 09:30

Posted on 08/09/2016 09:30

I agree BB, I was merly making what I consider a statement of fact. We used the frenzy system, when we both worked and use it now when retired. In both cases without any problems. So I suppose the point I was making, if any, was that I am commenting from experience with the CC system.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/09/2016 20:29

Posted on 08/09/2016 20:29

Perhaps those that are avocating change would book should the day be changed to the week-end, whereas they are unwilling to take time off work to do so during the week.

young thomas replied on 08/09/2016 21:12

Posted on 08/09/2016 21:12

yes, Nellie, its a simple change to make and might allow more to join in the 'fun' while the hot sites/dates are still available.

it strikes me as odd that some members (perhaps those who are retired) seem reluctant to see the date moved to a weekend..

i wonder if they see this as a threat to their current cosy situation....ie a few more vying for the key sites/date...

Metheven replied on 08/09/2016 21:34

Posted on 08/09/2016 21:34

Don't see it as odd at all BB, if I were interested I would be more than happy if it advantaged me. Can't understand this 'fair play' thing, get in there first I say and ****er the rest Happy

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook