Booking date for 2017 bookings

replied on 04/09/2016 13:49

Posted on 04/09/2016 13:49

Hi

Can you tell me the date bokings open for after March 2017 please? I'm sure its on the site somewhere but I can't find it.

Many thanks

MichaelT replied on 07/09/2016 09:27

Posted on 07/09/2016 09:27

We only use booking day for one specific "honey pot" site. We like to go their at the bank holidays as it's reasonably close and a few additional weekends.  I have to get into work 35 miles away for before 8am to get sorted.  Come on CC - a rolling programme or a weekend.  We aren't all retired.

Write your comments here...so you go out of the house to go to work 1 day a year at the same time as the rest of us?  What hardship is it, surely getting up in the week for work then laying in at the weekend is what its all about, not getting up all week then having to get up early at the weekend as well?

No doubt you could log on at 9 or 10 and still get what you wanted, we always do if we book in advance and mostly we do not use the booking opening day but much later and always get what we want.

SteveL replied on 07/09/2016 10:51

Posted on 07/09/2016 10:51

No doubt you could log on at 9 or 10 and still get what you wanted, we always do if we book in advance and mostly we do not use the booking opening day but much later and always get what we want.

There are some things that are sold out before 10:00 on booking day. It very much depends on what dates you are trying to book.

mbee1 replied on 07/09/2016 11:44

Posted on 07/09/2016 11:44

We only use booking day for one specific "honey pot" site. We like to go their at the bank holidays as it's reasonably close and a few additional weekends.  I have to get into work 35 miles away for before 8am to get sorted.  Come on CC - a rolling programme or a weekend.  We aren't all retired.

Write your comments here...so you go out of the house to go to work 1 day a year at the same time as the rest of us?  What hardship is it, surely getting up in the week for work then laying in at the weekend is what its all about, not getting up all week then having to get up early at the weekend as well?

The weekends get booked up more or less straightaway on booking day for this particular site.  We ocassionally get a last minute cancellation on a Tuesday afternoon for the following weekend but we don't want to risk it hence we choose to book that particular site only on booking day.  

moulesy replied on 07/09/2016 13:59

Posted on 07/09/2016 13:59

Each to their own, obviously, but, personally I can't think of anything worse than booking a "honeypot" CC site when it's going to be full, even more so if it involves taking part in frenzy day madness!

SteveL replied on 07/09/2016 16:46

Posted on 07/09/2016 16:46

Each to their own, obviously, but, personally I can't think of anything worse than booking a "honeypot" CC site when it's going to be full, even more so if it involves taking part in frenzy day madness!

Baltic Wharf is always Full M . You don't always have to book it on Frenzy day though, only for the Balloon festival and many of the weekends. However, it matters not when you visit, it will be full. Although I think I did see an empty pitch one night.

cyberyacht replied on 07/09/2016 17:14

Posted on 07/09/2016 17:14

The only time I ever booked on frenzy day was a few years ago when going to Dunnet Bay. Sites are few and far between up there and I didn't want to find there was "no room at the inn"

rjb replied on 07/09/2016 17:23

Posted on 07/09/2016 17:23

Baltic Wharf is always Full M . You don't always have to book it on Frenzy day though, only for the Balloon festival and many of the weekends. However, it matters not when you visit, it will be full. Although I think I did see an empty pitch one night.

Write your comments here...this year I booked balloon festival1week before when everybody cancelled there was plenty of availability including both weekends

SteveL replied on 07/09/2016 17:49

Posted on 07/09/2016 17:49

Write your comments here...this year I booked balloon festival1week before when everybody cancelled there was plenty of availability including both weekends

So not much different to frenzy day then. Watching the bookings to check for a cancelation. I am afraid I just don't buy into everybody cancelling. We didn't for one.

rjb replied on 07/09/2016 18:31

Posted on 07/09/2016 18:31

So not much different to frenzy day then. Watching the bookings to check for a cancelation. I am afraid I just don't buy into everybody cancelling. We didn't for one.

Write your comments here...I booked in 2bookings first weekend and a couple of days then rest of week and following weekend as the week went on and the cancelation started

SteveL replied on 07/09/2016 19:23

Posted on 07/09/2016 19:23

Write your comments here...I booked in 2bookings first weekend and a couple of days then rest of week and following weekend as the week went on and the cancelation started

I am quite happy to accept that there will be the odd cancelation, as you were obviously lucky enough to pick up. It is just this urban myth that vast numbers book weekends and other high profile periods, only to cancel them at the last minute, that I don't buy into.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook