The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

ClubMember127A1B9965 replied on 28/02/2017 07:41

Posted on 28/02/2017 07:41

If the caravan club have still got merchandise with the proper logo(not this new rubbish that a lot of members think looks like walls ice cream logo). then can we the members buy the mugs ,old stickers,key rings etc, etc,....for a hugely reduced price, I personally would rather pay for old Deleted User stock than be given anything with the new logo. Like the vast majority of the other members I wont be using the stickers on my van.

ClubMember127A1B9965 replied on 28/02/2017 08:04

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:04

Seeing as the board are so out of touch with the members and the general uneasiness that the average club member feels that there is no democratic process for agreeing change as big as this. and bearing in mind that there is an  a,g,m coming , could we start proposing and seconding individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of running the club in a more democratic and less authoritarian way. I am sure that there are plenty of long "service" members as well as dynamic thinking people who are regular caravaners that understand the shortcomings of the club at present. The wider the variety of candidates the better. there must be a good cross section of members who are well able to run the club in a proper and transparent manner

JohnM20 replied on 28/02/2017 08:28

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:41 by JohnM20

I've rebranded myself !! It's actually 29 years according to my very recently received Caravan Club membership card 😊

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:28

Well, that fell flat on it's face didn't it? Mysteriously, my new profile photo proudly showing my 25 year Caravan Club Membership sticker somehow changed itself back to my old photo. Is this yet another glitch with the website or was it censorship? Perhaps RochelleCC would like to comment?

replied on 28/02/2017 08:33

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:33

A reckon it is a Glitch John. This website has more glitches than you can shake a stick at. I thought of changing my avatar a while back (probably for Christmas). I decided that the way this site shaped I might end up faceless and so did not bother.

GodivaNige replied on 28/02/2017 08:35

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:04 by ClubMember127A1B9965

Seeing as the board are so out of touch with the members and the general uneasiness that the average club member feels that there is no democratic process for agreeing change as big as this. and bearing in mind that there is an  a,g,m coming , could we start proposing and seconding individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of running the club in a more democratic and less authoritarian way. I am sure that there are plenty of long "service" members as well as dynamic thinking people who are regular caravaners that understand the shortcomings of the club at present. The wider the variety of candidates the better. there must be a good cross section of members who are well able to run the club in a proper and transparent manner

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:35

In a word. No.

Only Full Members can vote at an AGM. To be a Full Member (which is different to a Club Member, like most of us are) you have to apply to the Club and be approved by the Directors.

Full Members are the Guarantors of the company in that they agree to give an undertaking should the company be wound down. In return, the Full Members are given voting rights at the AGM and at Special General Meetings

I have no idea how many Full Members there are in the Club, but I would hazard a guess that the proposal for the change of name and rebrand of the Club was put to a General Meeting and voted for by the Directors and Full Members and was subsequently carried.

replied on 28/02/2017 08:36

Posted on 28/02/2017 08:36

Seeing as the board are so out of touch with the members and the general uneasiness that the average club member feels that there is no democratic process for agreeing change as big as this. and bearing in mind that there is an a,g,m coming , could we start proposing and seconding individuals who are willing to take on the challenge

Hardly as we don't have voting rights

Fisherman replied on 28/02/2017 09:09

Posted on 28/02/2017 09:09

The board or whatever its called is a club within the club. Each year then nominate or second each other. Closed shop I'm afraid.

GodivaNige replied on 28/02/2017 09:12

Posted on 28/02/2017 09:09 by Fisherman

The board or whatever its called is a club within the club. Each year then nominate or second each other. Closed shop I'm afraid.

Posted on 28/02/2017 09:12

This is often the case in Clubs or Societies such as this, think Golf Club protocol.

So, in truth we are customers are we not? wink

motoandrew replied on 28/02/2017 09:16

Posted on 28/02/2017 09:16

Hi
Why have we copied the Walls Ice Cream Logo.
l don't have an issue with the name change but the logo which must have cost a fortune looks like the Walls ice cream logo, has anyone spoken to Walls.
This reminds me of the BT logo fiasco which cost £m.
And on a more important note as a club we should have been consulted or is this the start finally of the big sell off.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook