The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

IanH replied on 27/02/2017 19:47

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:47

This thread is moving at an alarming pace.

I posted three questions to Rochelle around page 135 'ish and I'm sure I've had no reply. 

It's just too tedious to wind back so many pages one at a time on such a slow website, so I can't bump it.

Any chance of a reply, Rochelle?

Philnffc replied on 27/02/2017 19:49

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:05 by Phil The Prof

I'm beginning to wonder if Jeremy Corbyn is in charge of the Caravan Club.

Let's have a change at the top, you know, fall on your sword. Must be embarrassing being in charge of this mess. 

Affordable eh. Tell me, do any of you people making these decisions, actually caravan for your holidays?

You know everyone, I've had it up to here.

Imagination required. 

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:49

Please will someone please close this thread, a political statement.

Joking a side The saving grace is that EGH are finally finding out what the Wardens have to put up with on a daily basis.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 27/02/2017 19:50

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:50

Is this petition like the Parliament ones, once the support hits 100,000 it is automatically discussed at a 'senior exec' levellaughing

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2017 19:51

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:57 by Dickdastardly1

I welcome the fresh logo and name changes. The club has to at some point develop and enhance its brand, whether it is now or in the future is not important to me.There are going to be members who are unhappy with these changes but as a % of the overall membership it is minimum

The membership and the overall performance of the club is going in the right direction, However, the club realises they have to address how to fill sites from Sunday through to Thursday and how to attract younger people into this lovely hobby of ours. This is why the club management have to consider all options for maintaining the quality of the product they offer!

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:51

What has that got to do with destroying 110yrs of a well know and respected brand?

The AA and RAC have kept going forward and still kept their Known and respected brands and they are now in the hands of private companies 

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2017 19:54

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:50 by Rocky 2 buckets

Is this petition like the Parliament ones, once the support hits 100,000 it is automatically discussed at a 'senior exec' levellaughing

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:54

We will never know Rocky.... At this rate, not for the next 40 years or so anyway!laughing

Eurolandy replied on 27/02/2017 20:17

Posted on 27/02/2017 15:10 by Trepanner

I did ask that question and below is the response, complete with a no name respondent, ask a simple question and get a well make your own mind up - can't say as I like or dislike the logo it is what it is but of course these things do turn many people 'on' in particular those given the contract to re-model it. Having, in my working past, been involved in such corporate changes can say it is not cheap, however it is as they say in the reply 'consumable' I can just imagine our old Chairman's response if my Marketing Manager had come up with that one - hey ho onward's we go

Yours Nonplussed of Northants

Pasted from the email reply. 

Hi

The numbers when finalised will be reported to members in the usual way in the Annual Report and Accounts.

The amount is affordable, as it represents a tiny fraction of the Club’s turnover and will not impact any of the Club’s plans for investment in sites or club services. Many of the costs are in consumable items such as uniforms, signage and so on which need replacing on an ongoing basis in any case. We have delayed the launch of the sites directory and handbook (which will be distributed this month) for example to make sure that this has the new branding for all of its two year life and so there has been no extra costs incurred. We expect that the new brand will generate a higher profile and increased interest for the Club which will improve membership recruitment and retention and increase usage of club services so that the Club is even more successful in the future than it is now.

I hope that answers your question

Kind Regards

Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
+44 (0)1342 318813
www.camc.com

Posted on 27/02/2017 20:17

if as stated "The amount is affordable, as it represents a tiny fraction of the Club’s turnover"  no problem changing back then!smile

Mmmmm what do they mean affordable? Affordable means different things to different people.

janhsmn replied on 27/02/2017 20:23

Posted on 27/02/2017 20:23

We'll have just opened the magazine and as others have found it's mainly full of adverts.  A very small section regarding the rebranding, as with questions raised on the Internet and this forum, the explanations are just full of marketing waffle.  Still no more information on the tangible benefits of the changes. It will be interesting to see the net loss or gain in membership figures over the next 12 months

replied on 27/02/2017 20:37

Posted on 27/02/2017 20:37

Well now you spoiled it for me. I have probably red thee mags in the last 5 years. That was going to be the fourth one ............. little point now as I know the ending. smile

H1UBS replied on 27/02/2017 20:45

Posted on 27/02/2017 20:45

The new logo - Brown and Biege - Autumnal colours.

Are they the colours likely to attract a new vibrant, younger, diverse membership ?

.. and just to underline the biegeness they added 'since 1907'

Still, there's always hope .. see how the coop/ co-operative after all their unremarkable re-brandings have gone back to the original... err... coop !

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook