The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

tommys replied on 27/02/2017 16:30

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 27/02/2017 16:30

Sorry Rochelle but I must have blinked when asked for my feedback. Tell me exactly, when was this and how was it conducted? You know and I know this was an under the counter/backdoor fait accompli to please the over inflated egos of certain people in the hierarchy. Not your fault you have been left  holding the baby and facing the brickbats.

A full explanation of how our views were gathered should be printed in the Magazine. As a Member of nearly 50 years, apart from the quality of our sites which take some beating I have seen the Club slowly slide into the same pattern of many other organisations ie. start to get involved in other ventures only, frankly, to loose their way.

As for the cost I think that, as an Accountant, I will dig out the Financial Statements and analyse them more closely. It seems they might make interesting reading especially comparison against the next set!!!!

Captainsguard replied on 27/02/2017 16:47

Posted on 27/02/2017 16:47

I must have blinked also as I never received anything to comment on this debacle. When you need to explain a Logo it has ceased to be an effective Logo I'm just a 30yearer and the new sticker which I'm expected to stick in my Caravan doesn't even acknowledge this.

We should be ,as a club, ensuring efficiency and conserving money not wasting money, I presume the full costing will appear in the club accounts explaining which advertising consultant along with fees were used, cost of new signage, new uniforms. Judging by the logo the wardens will all be dressed like bears in brown outfits. 

The Ovaltineys replied on 27/02/2017 18:12

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:12

CG, Good Post 

I think you maybe have come up with a brilliant idea - wardens dressed as teddy bears will definitely attract younger children and smiles from many!  laughing

dave the rave replied on 27/02/2017 19:04

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:12 by The Ovaltineys

CG, Good Post 

I think you maybe have come up with a brilliant idea - wardens dressed as teddy bears will definitely attract younger children and smiles from many!  laughing

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:04

and the management dressed as muppets?

Phil The Prof replied on 27/02/2017 19:05

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:05

I'm beginning to wonder if Jeremy Corbyn is in charge of the Caravan Club.

Let's have a change at the top, you know, fall on your sword. Must be embarrassing being in charge of this mess. 

Affordable eh. Tell me, do any of you people making these decisions, actually caravan for your holidays?

You know everyone, I've had it up to here.

Imagination required. 

replied on 27/02/2017 19:12

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:56 by DavidKlyne

I think I have answered that more than once. The Club decided it wanted  to launch the rebrand on a specific day (The opening day of the NEC). In order to maximise the impact they wanted to keep it confidential until that day. To achieve that they felt it needed to be on a need to know basis prior to the announcement. It seems that you don't agree with that but it would be interesting to know how you would have approached it if you had been the decision maker? 

David

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:12

Have you perchance got  link to where the club provided an answer? 

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2017 19:21

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:21

The petition is going well. 16 have signed it. That's four more than liked the OP!

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2017 19:25

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:21 by Takethedogalong

The petition is going well. 16 have signed it. That's four more than liked the OP!

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:25

It just proves the facts that people will complain but are not willing to go any further,to get something done about it

huskydog replied on 27/02/2017 19:29

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:21 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:29

The Club must be worried undecided

do the members who singed it realise they have given their name ,membership number and e-mail address to the OP!!!

JohnM20 replied on 27/02/2017 19:41

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:41

I've rebranded myself !! It's actually 29 years according to my very recently received Caravan Club membership card 😊

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook