Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

waterloo replied on 24/05/2016 19:37

Posted on 24/05/2016 19:37

Received mag today. Not one letter either for or against the event. I suspect censorship. No such silence from the deluded editor who feels that it has "given our pastime a massive boost". This utter nonsense is supported by mention of various media sources covering the event. True but all the coverage I heard was to poke fun at caravanning and to state how the programme supported a public stereotype.

The programme has done huge harm to the pastime, only caravan haters could dream of. If I were a manufacturer  I would be livid. Awful, horrible pastiche. We have been horribly let down by the club, those who organised it should resign in shame.

Twins07 replied on 24/05/2016 20:42

Posted on 24/05/2016 20:42

After reading the mag, I feel conned.

It read as very biased and one sided.

Not balanced at all. Only 'oh how wonderful it's been' etc...

Someone's living in cloud cuckoo land......

TGV replied on 24/05/2016 20:49

Posted on 24/05/2016 20:49

The Show was a disgrace. People picked for 'good telly' (a matter of opinion). The CC Chairman was an embarassment to not only himself, but the Caravan Club as a whole. Whatever credibility he may have had via his CC role (negligible I would suggest) was totally eroded by his stupid attempt at his party trick of 'how fast can I go up this hill with my long caravan'. The man is an imbecile and should resign. He won't of course, as he clearly feels he is someone important. Well, he is NOT. 

nelliethehooker replied on 24/05/2016 20:50

Posted on 24/05/2016 20:50

After reading the mag, I feel conned.

It read as very biased and one sided.

Not balanced at all. Only 'oh how wonderful it's been' etc...

Someone's living in cloud cuckoo land......

And that surprises you.........??? Get real please, they were never going to say anything different or publish any negative letters.

JVB66 replied on 24/05/2016 20:56

Posted on 24/05/2016 20:56

The comments in this months magazine by the "team"just shows how out of touch with the real world and  membership that egh are

dickle replied on 24/05/2016 23:12

Posted on 24/05/2016 23:12

its repeated tonight on bbc2 starting about now...........time to throw the laptop at the tv and go to bed i think.

JohnDH replied on 25/05/2016 09:37

Posted on 25/05/2016 09:37

I thought Caravaner of the year was a wind up until I saw it on iPlayer. Even then I was still expecting the host to be Jerremy Clarkson. But no. It was serious. A  cringinly, embarrissinly, bad portrayal of caravaning.

andybe replied on 25/05/2016 11:48

Posted on 25/05/2016 11:48

Not seen this month's magazine yet, but am not suprised that no letters have been published. The powers that be must know they have made a huge miscalculation, but won't admit it.All we get is positive  'spin' with the hope that it will soon be forgotten and we will move on to something else.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook