Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

trellis replied on 04/05/2016 17:11

Posted on 04/05/2016 17:11

This isn't going to be another four year thread is it ? .It's already going round in circles .Yes IMO the powers that be dropped a massive clanger , but any publicity is good publicity. Move on folks.

Oneputt replied on 04/05/2016 18:12

Posted on 04/05/2016 18:12

Wouldn't it be a good idea if they just brought that great caravan programme 'Caravans a British love affair' up to date and kept away from all the stupidity which is about as amusing as a hole in the head!  

hostahousey replied on 04/05/2016 18:37

Posted on 04/05/2016 18:37

Wouldn't it be a good idea if they just brought that great caravan programme 'Caravans a British love affair' up to date and kept away from all the stupidity which is about as amusing as a hole in the head!  

Write your comments here...Yes watched it last night , a very interesting programme .

hostahousey replied on 05/05/2016 19:55

Posted on 05/05/2016 19:55

Apparently there has been another BBC programme in similar vein featuring people who stay in Bed and Breakfast establishments.  Did anyone see it?

Write your comments here...There  was a programme that subject on TV yesterday.  Noticed it as I flicked through the channels to get to the news.  

Not really riveting TV.  Might suit those who loved Caravanner of the Year though. 

K

Yes ' Four in a Bed ' My OH and myself have watched it for years . find it entertaining just like COY. maybe would not suit some on here but we like it.

Francis replied on 06/05/2016 13:20

Posted on 06/05/2016 13:20

To be honest we watched the Caravanner of the year show and found it to be hillarious I do agree that the people they picked to appear on the show were "stereotypical image of caravanners" but if they would have picked ordinary people it wouldn't have been funny. I think we should just take it as it is which I believe to be a light hearted look at caravanning/motorhoming with exaggerated characters

Tinwheeler replied on 06/05/2016 19:01

Posted on 06/05/2016 19:01

They didn't need to exaggerate the Chairman's ability to make a fool of both himself and the Club.

Spannerdo replied on 06/05/2016 22:40

Posted on 06/05/2016 22:40

As it is being judged by  the CC the winner might just have to have a Range Rover  and an Airstream.caravan and go about in a dinner suit. They wont want go encourage the "Lower Orders"  would they. 

K WinkLaughing

My Smoking Jacket and cravat had been sent to the cleaners especially in anticipation ...and then it all turned out to be tosh......what a waste of my time and money.........still they will be ready for my next jolly jaunt to a CC site somewhere in England.....Standards you know......Tongue Out

vanlifeUK replied on 07/05/2016 09:37

Posted on 07/05/2016 09:37

With the ever-growing popularity of the lesiure industry especially in Caravaning and motorhomes it would be nice to have a true representation of a proper "vanlife" , showing the benefits of touring from "normal" folk not the quirky people that caravanning is usally tarnished with.

Ged replied on 08/05/2016 09:21

Posted on 08/05/2016 09:21

I thought the program was amusing and entertaining. It certainly highlighted that the club and some members are the average age of the finalists and only cater for such.

Twins07 replied on 08/05/2016 15:06

Posted on 08/05/2016 15:06

Right, my turn....

Me and the OH have just watched both recorded episodes back to back last night as she's been working opposite shifts to me, so we decided to watch together once we got the chance... 

Cringe TV. End of... 

OK,  people did pick up on GC riding in the back of the MH, side on and 'probably' with no seatbelt. 

Is that why the camera was stuffed into his face so you couldn't see....??? 

And also, while on that part of the programme.... 

It was a time trial / competiton / race ON THE PUBLIC HIGHWAY!!!!!

So did their insurance cover it??? 

I know mine will NOT have! 

All insurance policies that I've had in the past says in the print, 'This does not cover you for races, competitions or time trialetc....' (or similar words to that affect)... 

It doesn't take much for an insurer to maybe 'investigate' this. All the evidence has just been broadcast! Named driver, vehicle reg and the 'race' detail......

Type that into their computers and................ 

Let's see if this post disappears? 

There's been a clanger bigger than Big Bens bell dropped here!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook