Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

neveramsure replied on 29/04/2016 18:33

Posted on 29/04/2016 18:33

It did not surprise me in the least that COTY was edited to give maximum entertainment, to the detriment of us caravanners.Undecided

What does surprise me is the number of outraged members who are worried about the image it may have portrayed to none caravanners. I certainly do not go caravanning to impress any none campers and do not feel the need to justify why I do go. If you enjoy it, that’s all that matters.Cool  

moulesy replied on 29/04/2016 18:57

Posted on 29/04/2016 18:57

I though it was a farce, but does it really matter what image it projected? I can't imagine many non-caravanners sitting through it. Sad

ClubMember250538036E replied on 29/04/2016 20:07

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:07

Given the lack of any response from the Club concerning this matter I have today posted a letter (to the registered address) containing my formal complaint and a request that I be advised of the mechanism by which a member whose actions bring the club into disrepute can be sanctioned.

I can think of no other business or organisation that would tolerate such a gross error of judgement.

trellis replied on 29/04/2016 20:08

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:08

According to certain viewing figures only 1.3million people watched the first episode of COTY .It's safe to assume that even less will have viewed the second .In my opinion the only real damage caused was to GC,s "borrowed " van , as you can bet your next membership fee it wasn't his own.

Steve Scott replied on 29/04/2016 20:10

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:10

Hi just read some of the early posts and later ones.Have I missed somethingSurprised,we have been in Tenerife for the past three weeks still two to goEmbarassed so looking forward to getting back to caravanning.

Steve

ClubMember250538036E replied on 29/04/2016 20:20

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:20

I should make it clear that my anger is not directed at the contestants - they were victims of cynical manipulation - it is the management who is at fault and they who should be held responsible.

Steve Scott replied on 29/04/2016 20:23

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:23

Hi have just noticed all the members that claimed it would be a good program to watch are suddenly quiet know,wonder why?

Steve

carvanner100 replied on 29/04/2016 20:29

Posted on 29/04/2016 20:29

In my opinion these two programmes,parts1&2 have set the Caravan Club back many years. 

I don't know about that 'eddietheeagle', Eddie the Eagle in the 1988 olympics didn't seem to do much harm to the continuation of ski jumping Happy

Correct, and how many BRITISH ski jumpers are there ?

That that would be, a whole NONE

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook