Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

paul56 replied on 28/04/2016 10:22

Posted on 28/04/2016 10:22

Wednesday night is pub quiz and we won (6 pints of draught ales!) so just watched the CoftheY. Compared with last week I must admit it was a lot better and quite enjoyed some bits of it! Did I really say that! Yes there were issues that have already been highlighted in the thread, but some parts were more 'fun'. Not my cup of tea at all - we use the van as an extension of home to see more of the UK and Europe but there could be potential in the right format to promote the joys of caravanning.

NevChap replied on 28/04/2016 10:38

Posted on 28/04/2016 10:38

So, caravanning confirmed as a pastime for middle aged/elderly white couples. A missed opportunity. What about ethnic minorities, solo caravanners, LGBT caravanners (of which my husband and I are one), young family caravanners etc? If we are serious about extending the CC membership we need to move into the 21st Century.

Metheven replied on 28/04/2016 10:55

Posted on 28/04/2016 10:55

So, caravanning confirmed as a pastime for middle aged/elderly white couples. A missed opportunity. What about ethnic minorities, solo caravanners, LGBT caravanners (of which my husband and I are one), young family caravanners etc? If we are serious about extending the CC membership we need to move into the 21st Century.

Did you enter?

Goldie146 replied on 28/04/2016 11:07

Posted on 28/04/2016 11:07

Have you seen the Guardian review? And the suggestion that it could have been improved with Aardman Animations?

(scroll down the review past Mary Beard's programme)

Here.

Tinwheeler replied on 28/04/2016 11:54

Posted on 28/04/2016 11:54

LGBT?

Tinwheeler replied on 28/04/2016 12:06

Posted on 28/04/2016 12:06

LGBT?

OK, I've just found out.

We are surely all people and have no need to identify ourselves by race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other grouping.

HarleyDave replied on 28/04/2016 12:16

Posted on 28/04/2016 12:16

Do people really do welly throwing completions at rallies?

Write your comments here...I believe the precise term used to throw a welly is wanging.........don't ask me how I know lol

Sir Bruin replied on 28/04/2016 12:21

Posted on 28/04/2016 12:21

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes. Deserving winners, I think.

Write your comments here...Your joking of course!!!

Not at all

hostahousey replied on 28/04/2016 12:31

Posted on 28/04/2016 12:31

I think the idea of a Caravanner of the Year is a good idea if executed correctly. Not to include  games, dining, fairy lights racing up inclines etc but, to include hitching up, loading, correct weight distribution, towing , reversing ( with or without a motor mover ) erection of awnings, correct positioning on pitches, levelling etc. I also think Motorhomes should have a separate section with Camper Vans. Caravans of a similar type to compete against each other. This would give two separated sections . So a Motorhomer of the Year also.

Alphonso Delard replied on 28/04/2016 12:37

Posted on 28/04/2016 12:37

I think the idea of a Caravanner of the Year is a good idea if executed correctly. Not to include  games, dining, fairy lights racing up inclines etc but, to include hitching up, loading, correct weight distribution, towing , reversing ( with or without a motor mover ) erection of awnings, correct positioning on pitches, levelling etc. I also think Motorhomes should have a separate section with Camper Vans. Caravans of a similar type to compete against each other. This would give two separated sections . So a Motorhomer of the Year also.

"include hitching up, loading, correct weight distribution, towing , reversing ( with or without a motor mover ) erection of awnings, correct positioning on pitches, levelling etc."

Be realistic, that'll never, ever, get commissioned as a prime time TV programme.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook