Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

ClubMember9AFDA8904E replied on 09/03/2019 12:22

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:16 by Hgv Gaz

Looks like they have stopped not received at text for the last 6 minutes laughing

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:22

DOH! and there was I thinking I'd solved it myself...........................

GodivaNige replied on 09/03/2019 12:35

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:35

I have a strong suspicion Pump King has been hacked. Would recommend everyone transfers all of their funds out of the account that PK have details for. If you have online banking, this should only take a few minutes and its better to be safe than sorry.

mrsmad826 replied on 09/03/2019 12:45

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:45

Does anyone know what is happening with the Pump King website?  My husband has had over 30 text messages from them this morning - all the same.  We have tried to contact them to see what is going on.  But when we have tried to go on their website, it comes up as no site detected.

PamW replied on 09/03/2019 12:47

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:47

I got one 2 mins ago. I even put the alerts on Hide Alerts on my iPhone and it still came through..... GRRRR. I just had a feeling there was something dodgy going on a couple of weeks ago and removed my debit card details from my account. 

medwaydec replied on 09/03/2019 12:48

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:48

Terrible company to deal with.  I've had over 70 texts this morning.

(9-3-18)

Their website is down (again) and from the looks of the front page, it may have been hacked. I would suggest to anyone that uses this company to keep an eye on their registered payment card, as details may have been stolen.

Texts are still arriving as I type this, very annoying as I have had to put my phone on silent.  I haven't found a way of blocking them yet on an iPhone. Usually you can add to a contact and block it but that hasn't worked for me. They are using the following number to text. 

7867 5464.  Probably why it cannot be blocked.

This company is nothing but trouble and I would avoid at all cost.

Just look at their reviews onTrustPilot. (especially this morning)

PamW replied on 09/03/2019 12:49

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:49

I just found the phone number on page 138 of reply's to sent the stop message to, but my phone can't deliver it! ARGGH!

Watendlath replied on 09/03/2019 13:10

Posted on 09/03/2019 13:10

Some weeks ago I opened a specific account just for the Esso card with only £10 in it with the intention of putting just enough money in for any fuel purchase. At that time I changed the debit card details with PK.

Over the last two weeks I have repeatedly asked PK to confirm that all the old card details have been removed from their data and also from that held by any others within or outwith the EU that they have shared it with. To date no response received.

After this mornings fiasco I have lost all confidence that PK are competent to hold any sensitive data and have warned my bank that the old debit card details (my day to day current account) may have been compromised. They immediately blocked that card and issued new ones to myself and my OH.  The £10 account has also been closed. I respectfully suggest that others may consider doing the same. 

As far as PK are concerned, they are a bunch of incompetent fools and I for one want nothing more to do with them.

In any case the "discount" rate is no saving at all even against the local Esso garage.

Perhaps CAMC should come to the same conclusion!

Captdibble replied on 09/03/2019 13:11

Posted on 09/03/2019 13:11

After the debacle of cards not arriving for months, multiple texts 58+ and counting this morning so far and the website disappearing, our chat on this was locked on the main discussion pages. 

Can anyone:

1. Confirm as to whether our data has been compromised by a cyber hack at Pump-King please?  I have tried to contact them via e-mail but am awaiting a reply.  My concern is our debit card details are retained by the company.  I'm assuming the Club has more clout and can ascertain this quickly.

2. Confirm as to whether the club does any due diligence on the companies providing these offers for example on data safety, ability to fulfil the offers being provided, etc.  Can you confirm please?

I do appreciate the offers and have availed myself of them in the past, but this one is slowly turning into a farce.

Thanks.

GodivaNige replied on 09/03/2019 13:22

Posted on 09/03/2019 13:11 by Captdibble

After the debacle of cards not arriving for months, multiple texts 58+ and counting this morning so far and the website disappearing, our chat on this was locked on the main discussion pages. 

Can anyone:

1. Confirm as to whether our data has been compromised by a cyber hack at Pump-King please?  I have tried to contact them via e-mail but am awaiting a reply.  My concern is our debit card details are retained by the company.  I'm assuming the Club has more clout and can ascertain this quickly.

2. Confirm as to whether the club does any due diligence on the companies providing these offers for example on data safety, ability to fulfil the offers being provided, etc.  Can you confirm please?

I do appreciate the offers and have availed myself of them in the past, but this one is slowly turning into a farce.

Thanks.

Posted on 09/03/2019 13:22

Call your bank and have that card for which PK have details, blocked.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook