Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

DSB replied on 09/03/2019 11:45

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:41 by Surfer

This is beyond a joke as now on message 17!  Last week we didn't bother with using the card at the Esso fuel station as it takes 7 days for my account to be debited!  I will keep it for big fill ups.

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:45

You're lucky Surfer.  I'm on about 30... so you'll be getting plenty more yet!  😀  You couldn't make this up!  Look on the bright side - a story to tell the grandchildren!! 😀😀

David

Yertiz replied on 09/03/2019 11:48

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:42 by Trini

PLEASE does anyone have the phone number used by 'dumking' so I can block them as it is now beyond a joke.

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:48

Try this one, came through on an earlier text this year

07860039525 Text STOP

Good luck!wink

Surfer replied on 09/03/2019 11:55

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:45 by DSB

You're lucky Surfer.  I'm on about 30... so you'll be getting plenty more yet!  😀  You couldn't make this up!  Look on the bright side - a story to tell the grandchildren!! 😀😀

David

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:55

Now on text 31 and counting!  Eventually turned down the volume so could not hear the notification noise. 

I am sure that under this is harassment and Pump King can be charged under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997!  That will give them something to think about!

daveandnic replied on 09/03/2019 11:56

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:56

Esso card applications now seem to go to a different company. Suggests pump king site is not just under maintenance. 

eyespy replied on 09/03/2019 12:07

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:07

Take a look on Trust pilot reviews to see what people think of this company, I don't know why the club ever got involved with Pump King, I'm afraid to use the card now I have it in fear of more cock-ups, today Pump king are sending out texts with this weeks prices, like many others I received over 60 texts messages today alone and there still coming, Their rubbish

Hgv Gaz replied on 09/03/2019 12:09

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:09

Is someone taking the Michael at pump king or just getting over excited because they’ve dropped the price slightly first time since Christmas. Only sent me and the wife 61 texts each.

JohnM20 replied on 09/03/2019 12:13

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:13

In some ways I just hope that Rowena, Laura and others at CaMC, (if they were daft enough to sign up in the first place), are also getting these texts. They will then realise first hand what a bunch of idiots are running PumpKing and why those of us that signed up are so critical of the whole operation. It would be nice to think that one of them has a PK contact number that they could phone and get this stupidity stopped. It's now far beyond a joke.

I'm waiting for a fairly important text so I can't just ignore the phone every time it pings with a text.

ClubMember9AFDA8904E replied on 09/03/2019 12:13

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:48 by Yertiz

Try this one, came through on an earlier text this year

07860039525 Text STOP

Good luck!wink

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:13

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.  Even tried to type STOP as a reply to the texts, but it comes up as 'not delivered'.   They continue to arrive.......

There is a a great deal of negative feedback on the Trustpilot website today about the same issue.

So far I've tried to block the texts, by entering the phone number in my contacts in my iphone, and then blocking the caller.   But they continue to arrive.

Interestingly when you use the instructions to block the message on the iphone, by going into the details at the top of the message, the block this caller does not work.  

UPDATE

I closed everything that was open in my iphone and reopened  the messaging and noticed a switch to ' hide notifications' for this message.   It appears to have stopped.   

Stewartz replied on 09/03/2019 12:14

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:14

Now over 35 texts from pump king this morning- even tried to block contact but has not stopped them yet. Also fuel price is dearer than forecourt price; no benifit ! 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook