Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

NPH replied on 24/02/2019 17:27

Posted on 24/02/2019 09:20 by Surfer

When we got the new card, the letter stated that it could be used in the UK and on the continent.  I contacted the CC and pointed out that as the fuel card is linked to debit card in many cases if you do an overseas transaction, the debit card supplier will probably invoke a transaction charge thus negating any savings.  However many of us have a credit card that is fee free and if we were able to link the credit card to the card then no issue.  Maybe they took notice.

However in most countries on the continent the cost of fuel is lower than the UK anyway and probably lower then the UK discounted price so would there be any point in using the card on the continent? 

Posted on 24/02/2019 17:27

I asked PK about this; their response was that if using the card in Europe the price would be the pump price at the fuel station. The only advantage they could offer was that the conversion to sterling would not incur an extra fee … Think I'll stick to my normal fee-free Halifax Clarity card for fuel abroad.

baileyvanman replied on 24/02/2019 20:50

Posted on 24/02/2019 14:00 by qwerty4

well no new card what a surprise

i don't see any advantage in using it either as my local ESSO garage is the same price as what is being offered by them has been for quite a few weeks now

plus using a santander 123 credit card you get 3% off anyway

Posted on 24/02/2019 20:50

Not quite right qw.

Your Santander 123 credit card gives you 3% cash back on fuel and/or rail fares only up to the first £100 of spend every month. It used to be on unlimited monthly spend but was reined back early last year.

That is assuming of course, that all 123 customers are treated the same. It may well be that each individual a/c holder gets different rates according to their average monthly spend!

Surfer replied on 25/02/2019 08:53

Posted on 24/02/2019 17:27 by NPH

I asked PK about this; their response was that if using the card in Europe the price would be the pump price at the fuel station. The only advantage they could offer was that the conversion to sterling would not incur an extra fee … Think I'll stick to my normal fee-free Halifax Clarity card for fuel abroad.

Posted on 25/02/2019 08:53

Makes you wonder why they bothered to mention it.  Cheaper and easier to use the CC.

Yertiz replied on 25/02/2019 11:13

Posted on 25/02/2019 11:05 by RowenaBCAMC
Content has been removed.

Posted on 25/02/2019 11:13

Morning Rowena,

Well, I used the card yesterday without a problem and the card registered with Pump-King is a Credit card?

It does state on the web page  "Please delete your old credit card before add new one." which I have done.

Now whether there is a distinction between Credit and Debit card might be open to debate, in which case it should state Debit card on their site, should it not?

I await your comments, cheers.

bullfist replied on 25/02/2019 11:56

Posted on 25/02/2019 11:56

Apologies for any duplication - I've only just found this thread.  I've been using my card for the last two months and I have a duplicate transaction (from early January).  I've emailed and tried ringing with no success on getting a refund.

Can the CAMC help, or will I have to resort to registered letter writing and then the Small Claims Court?

Thanks,-steve

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook