Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

SteveL replied on 23/02/2019 14:28

Posted on 23/02/2019 11:18 by Navigateur

Text is not good news.  At 3p dearer than ASDA and 5p dearer than COSTCO, who is making to 10p or so a litre savings to bring the average to 8p as advertised?

Posted on 23/02/2019 14:28

According to the OP the savings relate to the Esso pump price. In areas where the Esso station has nearby supermarkets these are likely to be lower than out in rural areas or on motorways. The average savings quoted will be based on these variations.

I never thought the saving related to supermarket prices and I don't think the blurb in anyway suggests that. It was one of the reasons I decided against going for the card.

Justus2 replied on 23/02/2019 14:34

Posted on 23/02/2019 14:34

I used my new card today, just to check it works, £25 to top up the car. PIN number doesn't appear on the front as some have reported.  It was actually 1p more expensive using the card than Morrisons, but I wanted to test it anyway. Shame the Esso price seems to be going up, I put £80 worth of diesel in the van yesterday on our way home in the van at an Asda, 3p cheaper than Pumpkin... makes no odds to me though.

lornalou1 replied on 23/02/2019 21:21

Posted on 23/02/2019 21:21

why is everyone comparing prices with supermarkets when the the original op was a saving on the ESSO pump price not the supermarkets price. I bet all the moaners ill keep the card in the back of their wallets and will use if emergancies crop up, but will not be back on here to say they have. for us that like premium fuels it will be a big saving over the years to come and the rest can carry on with asda. all personal preferance.

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2019 21:29

Posted on 23/02/2019 21:21 by lornalou1

why is everyone comparing prices with supermarkets when the the original op was a saving on the ESSO pump price not the supermarkets price. I bet all the moaners ill keep the card in the back of their wallets and will use if emergancies crop up, but will not be back on here to say they have. for us that like premium fuels it will be a big saving over the years to come and the rest can carry on with asda. all personal preferance.

Posted on 23/02/2019 21:29

It will be well worth it if on a motor waysurprised

Captdibble replied on 23/02/2019 23:10

Posted on 23/02/2019 23:10

I've asked a number of associates and many have applied, some pre Xmas and other than lots of texts and emails we've not received the cards. Likewise the comparisons between the texted prices and those of local petrol stations whether supermarkets or not are not providing any savings.  Only one person out of twenty has saved anything, namely 1p a litre and has since said that there has not been any occasion on which they would save in recent months. This is even in remote or rural areas. 

Navigateur replied on 23/02/2019 23:47

Posted on 23/02/2019 11:38 by Surfer

No one is forcing you to use the card.  We prefer branded fuel and premium, but that is a choice that people can make. 

Posted on 23/02/2019 23:47

No-one can force me to use the card. 

Why?  Well, because I've not ben sent one!!  And secondly, because an "ESSO" station is a bit of a rarity around here these days.

Rufs replied on 24/02/2019 08:31

Posted on 23/02/2019 21:21 by lornalou1

Posted on 24/02/2019 08:31

quite, my local Shell station has put up regular diesel prices by 2p in the last 3 days, now £1.31 vs Esso card £1.26, yes supermarket may be cheaper but dont like supermarket fuelundecided

Yertiz replied on 24/02/2019 08:52

Posted on 24/02/2019 08:52

Hmm, I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on this mammoth thread but......

I logged in to My pump-king account this morning and went to my stored cards, where I noticed it stated I could delete my current debit card?

Having also noticed that it said I could "Please delete your old credit card before add new one."

So I Deleted User my stored debit card and added a new CREDIT card to my account, which, it appears to have accepted!?

Now, whether there will follow a message from Pump-King about the change i don't know yet, but I'm happier that I have stored a credit card, with a low credit limit, rather than my Debit card.

Be interesting to see if everything works that way aroundwink

Surfer replied on 24/02/2019 09:20

Posted on 24/02/2019 08:52 by Yertiz

Hmm, I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on this mammoth thread but......

I logged in to My pump-king account this morning and went to my stored cards, where I noticed it stated I could delete my current debit card?

Having also noticed that it said I could "Please delete your old credit card before add new one."

So I deleted my stored debit card and added a new CREDIT card to my account, which, it appears to have accepted!?

Now, whether there will follow a message from Pump-King about the change i don't know yet, but I'm happier that I have stored a credit card, with a low credit limit, rather than my Debit card.

Be interesting to see if everything works that way aroundwink

Posted on 24/02/2019 09:20

When we got the new card, the letter stated that it could be used in the UK and on the continent.  I contacted the CC and pointed out that as the fuel card is linked to debit card in many cases if you do an overseas transaction, the debit card supplier will probably invoke a transaction charge thus negating any savings.  However many of us have a credit card that is fee free and if we were able to link the credit card to the card then no issue.  Maybe they took notice.

However in most countries on the continent the cost of fuel is lower than the UK anyway and probably lower then the UK discounted price so would there be any point in using the card on the continent? 

Justus2 replied on 24/02/2019 09:21

Posted on 24/02/2019 08:31 by Rufs

quite, my local Shell station has put up regular diesel prices by 2p in the last 3 days, now £1.31 vs Esso card £1.26, yes supermarket may be cheaper but dont like supermarket fuelundecided

Posted on 24/02/2019 09:21

For those who always buy branded fuel then fine, the card works for you. I don't particularly have an affinity to branded anything, we just buy the cheapest as for us there is no appreciable difference. The point is, that if the Esso card's prices were just a mere 1 or 2 pence cheaper, then loads of like minded people may also buy Esso rather than supermarket, which is a good thing surely ? 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook