How to thrive on a non 240v site!

Merve replied on 16/01/2017 17:56

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:56

Due to difficulties migrating the original thread, which was massively interesting and popular with members, I am starting another one until the original can be found and  migrated to the Forum.  I apologise to the original OP but I think this is far too important not to be available. Personally, I think, because of the massive moves in technology recently, this subject should have a section by itself. I don't suppose the CC would think about that? So, anything about Solar Panels, LED lighting, Inverters, Safefill even. Anything that assists the caravanners to go off grid in fact - and saves money!!

Merve replied on 16/08/2017 19:11

Posted on 16/08/2017 08:52 by Boff

With the needs for practical power storage for electric vehicles and renewable energy sources.  I think that one thing is certain is that the this problem won't  remain unsolved due to a lack of money being thrown at it. 

Posted on 16/08/2017 19:11

Absolutely Boff- necessity is the mother of invention- where there's a will etc etc! 

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 10:10

Posted on 22/08/2017 10:10

We seem to have wandered off this thread onto ADs question regarding cost of going off EHU. Perhaps, with the question answered and much more besides, we can return to this one.? Lithium Ion batteries being the current topic.

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 10:57

Posted on 22/08/2017 10:57

Hello again  DD and CB. Sorry about that but Daves thread, as useful as it is is not a sticky and I would encourage anyone who has something to say about non EHU to use this one as it IS a sticky. DD, you were talking about Other forms of batteries. I read about Li-Polymer? Is this more stable I wonder.

coffeebreak I couldn't agree more, in fact, apart from the detractors, CT has proved its worth in spreading knowledge and advice in all sorts of fields. This latest one on batteries is fascinating and well worth knowing. This is not, as my wife once suggested' just a bunch of old boys getting together for a bitch" 😂 She now genuinely sees that this is a real medium for furthering knowledge through the experience of others. Yes, CT at its best. 

replied on 22/08/2017 11:16

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 11:52

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:52

I am on to it! The last thing I need is to return to the camping site to find just a chassis and an axle cooling down!! I have to find out about the charging routine etc and to make sure it's safe. Your input has been most welcome DD. Thanks.

Johnny57 replied on 22/08/2017 19:10

Posted on 13/08/2017 13:37 by Merve

Sorry John, I was racking my brains to remember the details but I am in the Lakes and haven't got my caravan 'bible ' with me- yes, Newton Grove. Now, here's an opportunity for any interested party or, dare I say, the doubters, to go and try it for a week! What have you got to lose? Nothing and you have everything to gain. Again John, sorry for not remembering your quite brilliant site with such a forward thinking owner! How's it going by the way. Please, whenever possible, regail us with your stories of people's reaction when they unplug from the matrix and become truly independent!! We look forward to it.

Posted on 22/08/2017 19:10

Merve & others!
A guest has "gained their freedom" again!
Part of a review left by a guest -"Visited for a weekend Friday evening until Monday, John the owner is very helpful and met us there, it was the first time for years we have gone "off grid" but wanted to try the Solar Panel out we have on our caravan. Worked a treat, even watched 12v TV. The site is very peaceful and we had it to ourselves Sat and Sun night,"Full CAMC review here
Regards John
NEWTON GROVE, Barford Road, South Newington, BANBURY, OX15 4LN
E: newton.grove@btconnect.com
P: 07722 918265
W: newtongrove.co.uk
Facebook: Facebook page

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 19:35

Posted on 22/08/2017 19:35

Fantastic news John- well done. There are so many caravaners at the moment who are completely blind to the possibilities of the new techs. I am on site at the moment up in the Lakes. All comforts. Tiny bills! 

Johnny57 replied on 28/08/2017 19:16

Posted on 28/08/2017 19:16

Had someone in this bank holiday weekend for 3 nights who had a try with our solar unit. Left without me seeing them so dont know how they got on. With the sunny w/e I would think battery charged by 10am!

replied on 28/08/2017 20:46

Posted on 28/08/2017 19:16 by Johnny57

Had someone in this bank holiday weekend for 3 nights who had a try with our solar unit. Left without me seeing them so dont know how they got on. With the sunny w/e I would think battery charged by 10am!

Posted on 28/08/2017 20:46

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Merve replied on 28/08/2017 22:14

Posted on 28/08/2017 22:14

Hi DD. Newton Grove CL is an absolute Godsend to those who wish to try non EHU. When I did mine it was blind faith. Opened my eyes since though! I can't answer the question re batteries but imI seem to remember from the close ups I saw that batteries were in the unit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook