Showers in caravans

StevioW replied on 05/05/2016 22:02

Posted on 05/05/2016 22:02

I was wondering how to prolong an hot shower in our caravan. I seem to remember seeing on the tv Caravan show - Caravanfinder TV -recently about a device /boiler modification that can prolong the hot water consumtion to the shower. I also am aware of the Ecocamel shower head attachment that mixes air and water to the shower head, are they any good? and roughly how long does an hot water tank last using an Ecocamel head?

ValDa replied on 06/05/2016 07:06

Posted on 06/05/2016 07:06

Apparently the average shower in the UK uses 62 litres of water and an aquaroll and wastemaster hold 40 litres! This is the reason why the shower in our current caravan hasn't ever been used!  We use site facilities instead - saving two trips to the toilet block to fill up, and two more to empty the waste containers if both of us use the caravan shower.  In France, where we generally holiday, we often have two showers per day and with an aquaroll that would involve an awful lot of filling and emptying!

In our previous caravan we found the only way two people could possibly shower was to turn on the water, turn off, soap up all over, turn on to rinse and turn off again - and even then the second person got the tail end of the water and you had to refill in order to rinse out the shower!

As Navigateur says,one way to get a really 'normal' shower is to have plenty of aquarolls, and spend plenty of time filling up and then emptying water, or the other way would be to get a fully serviced pitch every time and pay extra for the privilege.

MJ730 replied on 06/05/2016 09:22

Posted on 06/05/2016 09:22

I've been looking at this as well and the biggest problem seems to be the hot water going cold.I'm looking into fitting a 2nd heater in line with the original but haven't got the 2nd heater yet as out of stock.If it works when i've done it I'll let you know.

Mike

Kennine replied on 06/05/2016 09:57

Posted on 06/05/2016 09:57

We have a great walk in shower in our Caravan. I like the convenience of showering in the van. If there are such in the area we are touring, we tend to use CL's and Low amenity sites in preference to all singing all dancing sites   I don't mind filling the Roller ball regularly  or emptying the wastemaster a few times. It's easy and convenient and takes but a few minutes. 

Everybody to their own. 

K

Navigateur replied on 06/05/2016 10:20

Posted on 06/05/2016 10:20

Apparently the average shower in the UK uses 62 litres of water.

That seems a lot, Val.  My girlfriend takes three or four showers a day and each uses just less than half an Aquaroll. And that is in a full size walk in shower.

By the way - the Wastemaster holds only 38 litres, so I guess the other two must end up on the floor.

But in the words of the old slogan - "Save Water!  Shower with a friend."

replied on 06/05/2016 10:22

Posted on 06/05/2016 10:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

KJLC replied on 06/05/2016 10:31

Posted on 06/05/2016 10:31

I don't need gallons upon gallons of water to shower. I spray water all over which takes but a minute or so then turn off and shower gell all over then rinse off, job done and dusted. Using site facilities depends on your personal level of  hygiene you can't beat your own facilities. I have heard on more than one ocassion two men talking in the loos and one saying to the other that he had a good **** whilst showering and also on more than one ocassion a male saying that his wife has done it as well. I'll never use site facilities I prefer my own personal facilities that's what they are there for but it's each to their own. Your body your choice.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook