American Forest River or Hobby 720 KFU

CamperKaren replied on 05/07/2017 21:00

Posted on 05/07/2017 21:00

Hi,

Today we have viewed 2 American Caravan Dealers and a Hobby Dealer.  The Amercian is a River Forest Surveyor 247BHS and the Hobby is a 720 KFU

Both are approx the same money - £27k.

Both are 8m

The American has air conditioning and outside cooking / fridge on the side with large beds and 2 slide out hydraulic sides.

We have 3 springer spaniels which would benefit from air conditioning....

I called DVLA and on both our licences we are able to tow a vehicle upto 3500KGs and a trailer upto 3500kgs.

I am undecided as to which one to go for.......

Both are in stock and available, delivered in 4 days....

What other considerations should we be thinking of............any ideas welcome.

Kind REgards

Karen and Andy

cyberyacht replied on 07/07/2017 16:11

Posted on 07/07/2017 16:11

For a quality build, Hymer have a UK spec range, the largest being the single axle 590 with a shipping length of 8M. Comes in at a whisker under £30k though.

black caviar replied on 07/07/2017 21:54

Posted on 07/07/2017 21:54

Wow lucky you camper karen i love hobbys , and buccaneers , but i think they are renowned for getting stolen .... Which would worry me :( however i suppose thats what insurance , trackers , and security gizmos are there for ?  So perhaps you should follow your heart and get what you fancy:)) check with the clubs matching service they were very good at giving me advice ...... To late as it happens cos id already bought the hymer and it was to heavy for my transit . So check first and then you cant go wrong ...... Its all about the weight apparentley cheers mrs bc ended up with a discovery and it pulls like a tank:/

tenere man replied on 08/07/2017 21:37

Posted on 08/07/2017 21:37

Hi CamperKaren,

Have you possibly considered a Vanmaster 640 TBEW. In basic form there 1800 Kgs, with a 400 Kgs payload, There Twin axle, and very well built, for 27K you will get a 6-7 year old one, subject to how many extras where fitted on it.

No 2 vans are speced the same. Lots have air con on them too. The build quality is top notch, the only problem is that theres not too many off them around.

Best of luck with your search, and what ever you do enjoy your time in the van you end up choosing.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook