What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Oneputt replied on 18/03/2023 17:27

Posted on 14/03/2023 19:30 by mickysf

Absolutely stunning photo BM, I saw them in Norfolk a few years ago but my photos were rather blurred and at great distance. Also hoping to see the Storks around and about on our tours  this spring. Hoping for a good breeding season for both species. The return of these iconic birds is primarily down to habitat restoration, restorative farming and determined enlightened farmers, naturalists and lovers of the great outdoors. 👍

Posted on 18/03/2023 17:27

We have seen Storks often around here.  They come from Thrigby Hall where they are free to come and go at will.  
There is a Dutch ringed bird currently on the Kessingland Flats, if it’s still there on Monday I will go over and see it 

brue replied on 21/03/2023 13:30

Posted on 21/03/2023 13:30

Spotted a hedgesparrow's nest today, four eggs. Lots of bees out. Our neighbour has been on a bee keeping course and set up a hive but there's not much in his garden so I expect his bees will be travelling far and wide. 🐝

HelenandTrevor replied on 21/03/2023 20:58

Posted on 21/03/2023 20:58

We have been seeing many more Red Kites over the last few months  this week they have been putting on fabulous aerial displays, lovely to watch from our kitchen window while washing up. 🙂

RedKite replied on 23/03/2023 19:00

Posted on 23/03/2023 19:00

Saw my first Holly Blue butterfly today in the garden, plenty of Brimstones about  for the last couple of weeks.

mickysf replied on 24/03/2023 11:33

Posted on 24/03/2023 11:33

Just had a tip off that there are alpine swifts and cranes not far from us so off out on the hunt! Keep your eyes peeled everyone, apparently they both are tipping up in numbers all over the UK. May (alpine swifts) even breed here for the first time this year, who knows?

Wherenext replied on 24/03/2023 15:23

Posted on 24/03/2023 15:23

There were a number seen just off the west coast of the Wirral yesterday Micky, not particularly known for its mountains!laughing

Anyone at Wirral CP at the moment should keep a look out. Fortunately easily identified by their white belly, (the bird not the CAMC member).

mickysf replied on 24/03/2023 15:24

Posted on 24/03/2023 15:24

Yes, saw Alpine Swift which are chunkier and bigger than I’d expected with a whitish under patch. a first for us. Didn’t see the cranes mind but have seen those in Norfolk and Suffolk in the past. I’m now told there are white storks not far away but I’m home now delighted with my new ✔️. They, the storks, will have to wait till another day!👍

mickysf replied on 25/03/2023 08:12

Posted on 24/03/2023 15:23 by Wherenext

There were a number seen just off the west coast of the Wirral yesterday Micky, not particularly known for its mountains!laughing

Anyone at Wirral CP at the moment should keep a look out. Fortunately easily identified by their white belly, (the bird not the CAMC member).

Posted on 25/03/2023 08:12

Just heard this morning that quite a few Alpine Swifts have been spotted at coastal locations stretching right up the East coast from Flamborough to Hartlepool. The amazing thing was that the one I saw yesterday was just 200 metres from my home. Seems like they are ‘invading’ the UK from all fronts. What’s going on in the World?

brue replied on 25/03/2023 18:02

Posted on 25/03/2023 18:02

Looking at Fulmars today on the NE coast  some of their rocky perches are falling into the sea due to erosion, local Peregrine still around so watched him skimming the cliffs too. Noticed the coastal sloe is still tightly budded, further south the white blossom is brightening the hedgerows. I took a heel from the NE sloe and will try and grow it back home just as a reminder of the cliffs. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook