What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

HelenandTrevor replied on 19/05/2018 18:09

Posted on 19/05/2018 18:09

Saw a first this morning , we did one of the walks starting from NT Baddersley Clinton at first just thought it was a pile of sheep poo, but it moved!  Three young moles looking very out of place, only ever seen a dead one before. They were just so cute, but very much out in the open.

Wherenext replied on 20/05/2018 19:13

Posted on 20/05/2018 19:13

Went to two different sorts of places today. On a heath/moor we saw oodles of Tree Pipits and Willow Warblers and a couple of Crossbills, and on a lake we  came across 3 pairs of Ruddy Shelduck.

greylag replied on 20/05/2018 20:11

Posted on 17/05/2018 21:49 by Bluemalaga

Help please, anyone know how to upload a video or where to find the guidance that used to be easy to find. Search facility no help at all.

GL, just read your follow up post, it is probably the flat lighting, I have binned most of the pics taken lately. The camera does not like the flat lighting as the contrast is what the cameras are set up to focus on it seems.

Heading over to Minsmere way on Sunday for a week then up Snettisham way the second week then Bempton Cliffs for the third leg

Any suggestions from you knowledgeable locals as to where to be sure to visit.

Posted on 20/05/2018 20:11

Thanks BM....you make sense.  £370 for 2...for one might be reasonable.

JayOutdoors replied on 21/05/2018 08:46

Posted on 21/05/2018 08:46

Really enjoy seeing all the photos on this thread.

For Bluemalaga : if you haven’t already found it there is info re videos on How to use club together- Tutorial for uploading photos and videos.  Hope it helps.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/05/2018 21:27

Posted on 22/05/2018 21:27

Good day out at the Moray coast today....Gannets, Kittiwakes, Fulmers, Cormorants, Eider Ducks and a Heron offshore, Stonechats, Linnets, a Whinchat and a Whitethroat on the gorse bushes by the coastal path. Back at the site, on the bird feeder, as well as a Robin, both House and Tree Sparrows took turns on it.

Extugger replied on 23/05/2018 07:41

Posted on 23/05/2018 07:41

I was sitting in the conservatory drinking my first coffee this morning when a movement outside caught my eye.

Turned out to be a Muntjac, which considering I live alongside a main A road on the Shropshire/Cheshire border (albeit set back 150 yards) was quite a surprise!

It was far too quick for me to photograph, as soon as I moved it was gone back up the track where there's a 7 acre wood.

Having never seen a live one before I guess I'll have to go wandering into the woods to see if there are any more of the little creatures 

Pliers replied on 23/05/2018 11:55

Posted on 23/05/2018 11:55

Back from our week in Dorset, really touched lucky with the weather.

Highlights were Dartford warbler at Arne, singing away at the top of a gorse bush, and red squirrels at Brownsea Island. 

A beautiful area, stayed on the Club's Hunters Moon site, but  now need to wash the car and 'van!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook