What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

nelliethehooker replied on 13/05/2018 21:48

Posted on 13/05/2018 21:48

There are a few Oystercatcher on the fields in front of the site, and we are a long way from the sea here at Carrbridge, and then today I spotted a couple of Terns flying above the river at Spey Bridge, although I wasn't able to identify which species.

Wherenext replied on 14/05/2018 15:07

Posted on 13/05/2018 21:48 by nelliethehooker

There are a few Oystercatcher on the fields in front of the site, and we are a long way from the sea here at Carrbridge, and then today I spotted a couple of Terns flying above the river at Spey Bridge, although I wasn't able to identify which species.

Posted on 14/05/2018 15:07

Oystercatchers will and do breed quite a long way inland, a bit like Curlews on the moors, NTH.

We saw a Common Tern today on a river and we're about 500 miles from the nearest sea! 

Birds eh? Who can count on them to be in the right places?

Had a lovely surprise today when we spotted a Male and Female Willow Tit feeding together and both going back to the nest. The small birds were to the fore today which was a nice surprise. We watched a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker on a dead tree as she rearranged herself after a bath. Bit miffed that we couldn't find the nest of the singing Penduline Tit but you can't win them all.

brue replied on 14/05/2018 19:46

Posted on 14/05/2018 19:46

On the trail....

we set the trail camera up in a slightly different position last night after I spotted a badger close to our outside store.

Obviously there is much more going on than we realised. The photos have times on them, so the first is our terrier going out to the garden before bed...then along come the others. Not room for all of them on here but this is a sample. In the morning the pigeon was first, then our cat, then some more birds. We get hedgehogs so we'll have to wait and see if they appear later on.

Oneputt replied on 15/05/2018 07:51

Posted on 15/05/2018 07:51

Great photos Brue, I should really get a camera trap and see what’s about.

Last night, here in Pruemtal nearly stepped on a Salamander (?) Lizard, in fact there were 2 nosing about, took a photo with the phone but not very good.

brue replied on 15/05/2018 14:08

Posted on 15/05/2018 14:08

Thanks Oneputt, the trail cameras are good fun, amazing what's going on outside when we're all in bed. smile

Wherenext replied on 15/05/2018 18:56

Posted on 15/05/2018 18:56

Went for a short stroll after dinner into the village where we are staying, near the mountains in Southern Germany and saw a Dipper feeding one of its chicks on a small stream that runs behind the campsite. Nice way to start the new session of the hols.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook