What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Bluemalaga replied on 05/03/2018 19:21

Posted on 05/03/2018 19:21

OP

I use the latest version of Photoshop CC 2018 Bundled with Lightroom which I am not really conversant, but they come together in the pay monthly package. I was a bit reluctant to commit to this, but it is something I would miss. The improvement were was just three clicks of the shadow/ highlight option in image adjustment menu. I did not realise until this exercise that you can do it more than once and improve incrementally. Free updates to the latest improvements each time they are released. I must admit it is overkill for my knowledge and ability but does what I know how to do.

GL

I feel sure that you will get a great deal of satisfaction from post capture processing and you can do it in the warm with your favourite drink (whatever that might be) Always willing to assist.

Bluemalaga replied on 05/03/2018 20:11

Posted on 05/03/2018 20:11

GL / OP

Just a thought, but if you have the urge to try using RAW, Canon'S DPP has most of the basic tools and some of the guys I bump into would not use anything else. Have not tried it myself as I am set in my ways with jpeg files. I do not even know if you can use it on jpeg files.

Milothedog replied on 06/03/2018 09:04

Posted on 06/03/2018 09:04

Thought I would share this with you all, Its our local mad Woodpecker. For some reason he/she like the metal liners and chimneys. Listen to the video I took this morning whilst out with the dogs. He's been doing this for years now and one poor woman even had a boiler engineer in twice as she thought it was her heating system playing up. He starts doing it anywhere between first light and about 9-10 am. Been doing it for at least 10 years now if its the same one? how long do they live?.

Video here;     Woodie   put the sound up, you can hear him/her at the beginning and towards the end.

brue replied on 06/03/2018 09:14

Posted on 06/03/2018 09:14

They are drumming now to impress their mates, we've got our local one either in a dead tree or on the telegraph pole in our garden. 

Obviously yours can make the most impressive sound for miles so should be able to marry very soon and settle down! laughing

Milothedog replied on 06/03/2018 09:18

Posted on 06/03/2018 09:18

When I first heard the noise many years back, I was still working so walking the dogs at 5.30 - 6am, I thought it was builders starting work early and thought that's not on making all that noise so early in the day cool

Milothedog replied on 06/03/2018 09:24

Posted on 06/03/2018 09:21 by brue

I daren't tell you how long he might live.....wink 

Posted on 06/03/2018 09:24

Brue, I actually enjoy seeing and hearing him and would be sad if he disappeared.  He has got slightly bigger over the years as well.

Not sure how the home owners affected feel though cool 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook