RWC 2019

Extugger replied on 28/09/2019 10:56

Posted on 28/09/2019 10:56

The Real World Cup is already into its second week and some enthralling, thrilling rugby has been displayed.

A couple of upsets already, namely Fiji's loss, but none more so than the host nation's win against Ireland! What a win, what a game, what a performance! Fantastic rugby 

mickysf replied on 01/10/2019 08:33

Posted on 01/10/2019 08:14 by Rocky 2 buckets

Thanks๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. What a ludicrous thing to say๐Ÿ˜ค

Posted on 01/10/2019 08:33

Trouble is the 'new' tackle 'laws', their interpretation and use or not is causing this ludicracy. No one, players, coaches, administrators, spectators, know the definitive. I really don't know where this is leading the game to! May be a form of touch rugby.cry

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/10/2019 13:43

Posted on 01/10/2019 08:33 by mickysf

Trouble is the 'new' tackle 'laws', their interpretation and use or not is causing this ludicracy. No one, players, coaches, administrators, spectators, know the definitive. I really don't know where this is leading the game to! May be a form of touch rugby.cry

Posted on 01/10/2019 13:43

If it saves world class rugby players & potential stars of the future becoming crippled I’m in, well & truly. My enjoyment of the game in no way comes before the safety & wellbeing of its players. I played & lived to tell the tale, others have not.

mickysf replied on 01/10/2019 14:51

Posted on 01/10/2019 13:43 by Rocky 2 buckets

If it saves world class rugby players & potential stars of the future becoming crippled Iโ€™m in, well & truly. My enjoyment of the game in no way comes before the safety & wellbeing of its players. I played & lived to tell the tale, others have not.

Posted on 01/10/2019 14:51

Couldn't agree more, R2B. I retired at 40 and during my playing years had several rugby injuries, nothing major, nothing life changing but twice ended up in hospital with operations required as a result. I also put a fellow player and friend in hospital having broken his leg in a 1 on 1 tackle and yes, I went low! 

My concern is the lack of understanding, clarity and the interpretation around the rules and the use of discretion in the decision making process. That question of intent does not reduce risk (no one intent on injuring others should be allowed on the field), even the most careful and rule abiding players are at risk from an unfortunate injury. After all, rugby has today become a collision sport and that's why many of us enjoy both watching and/or playing. Can't wait for more crash balls, big hits but I also enjoy those mazy runs and sidesteps. Such a wonderful game and tournament so far!

mickysf replied on 02/10/2019 15:13

Posted on 01/10/2019 14:51 by mickysf

Couldn't agree more, R2B. I retired at 40 and during my playing years had several rugby injuries, nothing major, nothing life changing but twice ended up in hospital with operations required as a result. I also put a fellow player and friend in hospital having broken his leg in a 1 on 1 tackle and yes, I went low! 

My concern is the lack of understanding, clarity and the interpretation around the rules and the use of discretion in the decision making process. That question of intent does not reduce risk (no one intent on injuring others should be allowed on the field), even the most careful and rule abiding players are at risk from an unfortunate injury. After all, rugby has today become a collision sport and that's why many of us enjoy both watching and/or playing. Can't wait for more crash balls, big hits but I also enjoy those mazy runs and sidesteps. Such a wonderful game and tournament so far!

Posted on 02/10/2019 15:13

Oh, and to add to the confusion 'we' now have to consider the perceived degree of danger when determining an outcome! 

Rugby, best games on't  'erf but where does this all end?

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 02/10/2019 17:49

Posted on 02/10/2019 15:13 by mickysf

Oh, and to add to the confusion 'we' now have to consider the perceived degree of danger when determining an outcome! 

Rugby, best games on't  'erf but where does this all end?

Posted on 02/10/2019 17:49

Without a death or a career ending injury I reckon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

mickysf replied on 02/10/2019 21:42

Posted on 02/10/2019 17:49 by Rocky 2 buckets

Without a death or a career ending injury I reckon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Posted on 02/10/2019 21:42

Thing is R2B both have already happened, several times I'm afraid over many past decades and even during my playing experience but is our beloved sport any the more safe today as a result of the law changes or, to use the latest parlance, is the degree of danger less? Don't get me wrong, I want a safer game for my grandson to play but I also want a decent sporting spectacle and a continuation of that rugby 'familyship' and respect I've witnessed both overseas and at home. I love it and I've not experienced anything quite like in in any other code of football!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/10/2019 08:01

Posted on 02/10/2019 21:42 by mickysf

Thing is R2B both have already happened, several times I'm afraid over many past decades and even during my playing experience but is our beloved sport any the more safe today as a result of the law changes or, to use the latest parlance, is the degree of danger less? Don't get me wrong, I want a safer game for my grandson to play but I also want a decent sporting spectacle and a continuation of that rugby 'familyship' and respect I've witnessed both overseas and at home. I love it and I've not experienced anything quite like in in any other code of football!

Posted on 03/10/2019 08:01

I am fully supportive of any change for safety reasons. I have my stance you have yours. Mine is pro player safety regardless of how the game evolves๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/10/2019 08:21

Posted on 03/10/2019 08:21

Ireland vs Russia looks to be a good game for the Irish. I’ll try to see that one for sure๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

mickysf replied on 03/10/2019 08:30

Posted on 03/10/2019 08:30

I'm sure we are saying exactly the same thing, R2B. But no one knows at present how the game is evolving, I certainly don't, just hope it's for the better, what ever that is, within 'reason'! And in there lies the 'problem'!

Impressed with the Georgians despite not being able to contain the skills of the Fijians. Must be one of the of the strongest 2nd tier 15 a side teams.

Now for Ireland.

Extugger replied on 03/10/2019 17:08

Posted on 03/10/2019 17:08

Great sentiments and wise words from Rocky and Micky above.

Just wondering if you've any thoughts on scrummaging? Do you think the current laws/rules make the scrum any safer? What do you think about the amount of time wasted at today's scrums? How could it be improved? I've just watched a re-run of THAT game in 1973 when THAT try was scored by Gareth Edwards - the scrums took about 15 seconds!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook