RBS Six Nations 2016

briantimber replied on 10/01/2016 20:03

Posted on 10/01/2016 20:03

Not long now to kick off in the Six Nations. (06/02/2016) Anybody got any views/forecasts ? I'm going to bite the bullet and predict a UK team to winFoot in Mouth

Will be interesting to see any improvements in the England approach and tacticsUndecided Any comments?......Cool

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 19/03/2016 22:15

Posted on 19/03/2016 22:15

Congratulations England on a fine campaign Happy

+1 great 6 Nations tournament.

johndailey replied on 19/03/2016 22:35

Posted on 19/03/2016 22:35

Chris Robshaw has been my Enlgland man of the tournament. Never in bother, does a sound job and gives it his all despite losing the captaincy to Dillon Hartley - ( a good skipper). Hope they all have a great night and let us not forget Steve Borthwick who has done a great job with the line out.

Tinwheeler replied on 19/03/2016 22:47

Posted on 19/03/2016 22:47

Well done England. Happy

Wales in 2nd place, Ireland 3rd and Scotland down in 4th. Hard luck, lads.

Kennine replied on 20/03/2016 09:54

Posted on 20/03/2016 09:54

Well done England. There was never any doubt that England would win the series this year. Being totally predictable does however take the gloss of the win and the series but that was not Englands fault, it is up to the other five teams to up their game for next year's series.

K

mickysf replied on 20/03/2016 18:30

Posted on 20/03/2016 18:30

Thanks Admiral. Can you define what you mean by using his head? I've checked back in the newspaper reports, can't find any examples or reference to such use/foul play noted by the pundits or officials. What is it precisely I should be looking for during the game!

Micky, some peole would call it an smooching, he just rubs his head against any opposing player, watch closely tonight, and by the way Good luck England

Admiral..

Kept a close eye out as suggested for this in last night's game but saw nothing, Admiral. 

A pretty fair game overall I thought!

nelliethehooker replied on 20/03/2016 19:40

Posted on 20/03/2016 19:40

Thanks Admiral. Can you define what you mean by using his head? I've checked back in the newspaper reports, can't find any examples or reference to such use/foul play noted by the pundits or officials. What is it precisely I should be looking for during the game!

Micky, some peole would call it an smooching, he just rubs his head against any opposing player, watch closely tonight, and by the way Good luck England

Admiral..

Kept a close eye out as suggested for this in last night's game but saw nothing, Admiral. 

i didn't see anything untoward either, but perhaps the powers that be should make all forwards wear scrum caps, at least at Junior level. It would certainly reduce the number of cauliflower ears that the front rows exhibit.Wink

BTW I thought that Itoje had another fine game. along with Kruis and Vinipola. Also surprise that Jones did not bring on Tuilagi on for the final 15 mins, when we were under a fair bit of pressure.

mickysf replied on 20/03/2016 20:26

Posted on 20/03/2016 20:26

Admiral..

i didn't see anything untoward either, but perhaps the powers that be should make all forwards wear scrum caps, at least at Junior level. It would certainly reduce the number of cauliflower ears that the front rows exhibit.Wink

BTW I thought that Itoje had another fine game. along with Kruis and Vinipola. Also surprise that Jones did not bring on Tuilagi on for the final 15 mins, when we were under a fair bit of pressure.

In my day the cauliflower ear was a badge of honour earned and worn proudly by members of the Front Row Club. I mind was pleased to stay a little distance from them and just 'chuck' the ball in, mostly straight I will add!Wink

At such a tender age and commited performances, I certainly would consider Itojo for England's player of the championship.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/03/2016 21:38

Posted on 20/03/2016 21:38

I played many of my games in the front row, but luckily never managed to aquire that badge. That was in the days when the ball did go down the middle of the tunnel and it had to be hooked properly. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook