RBS Six Nations 2016

briantimber replied on 10/01/2016 20:03

Posted on 10/01/2016 20:03

Not long now to kick off in the Six Nations. (06/02/2016) Anybody got any views/forecasts ? I'm going to bite the bullet and predict a UK team to winFoot in Mouth

Will be interesting to see any improvements in the England approach and tacticsUndecided Any comments?......Cool

mickysf replied on 19/03/2016 04:22

Posted on 19/03/2016 04:22

Three players cited, should have been a fourth, the England second row the new boy on the block, every ruck he used his scrum cap to cause damage, why did the ref not spot this. This is not sour grapes from a proud Welshman as England deserved the win as Wales did not turn up in the first half

Best game of the weekend was Scotland v France, well done to our Celtic cousins

Admiral

Don't understand how a scrum cap can be 'used' to cause damage! I saw no instance whatsoever of him deliberately using it as a weapon. How so?

He definatley kept using his head in nearly every ruck, I have played it back in slo-mo and this did happen, look out for it tomorrow v France

Admiral

Thanks Admiral. Can you define what you mean by using his head? I've checked back in the newspaper reports, can't find any examples or reference to such use/foul play noted by the pundits or officials. What is it precisely I should be looking for during the game!

TheAdmiral replied on 19/03/2016 10:48

Posted on 19/03/2016 10:48

A question for all you Welsh  supporters. Are there any Northwalians in the Welsh International team?

Yes, Boy George

Admiral

TheAdmiral replied on 19/03/2016 10:53

Posted on 19/03/2016 10:53

Three players cited, should have been a fourth, the England second row the new boy on the block, every ruck he used his scrum cap to cause damage, why did the ref not spot this. This is not sour grapes from a proud Welshman as England deserved the win as Wales did not turn up in the first half

Best game of the weekend was Scotland v France, well done to our Celtic cousins

Admiral

Don't understand how a scrum cap can be 'used' to cause damage! I saw no instance whatsoever of him deliberately using it as a weapon. How so?

He definatley kept using his head in nearly every ruck, I have played it back in slo-mo and this did happen, look out for it tomorrow v France

Admiral

Thanks Admiral. Can you define what you mean by using his head? I've checked back in the newspaper reports, can't find any examples or reference to such use/foul play noted by the pundits or officials. What is it precisely I should be looking for during the game!

Micky, some peole would call it an smooching, he just rubs his head against any opposing player, watch closely tonight, and by the way Good luck England

Admiral..

taffyY replied on 19/03/2016 14:32

Posted on 19/03/2016 14:32

A question for all you Welsh  supporters. Are there any Northwalians in the Welsh International team?

Yes, Boy George

Admiral

The one whose foot never went into touch just as he was about to score that winning try!! Laughing

Kennine replied on 19/03/2016 16:30

Posted on 19/03/2016 16:30

Well done Wales. Italy was well and truly beaten. Looking forward to the Ireland Scotland game.

K

keith owen replied on 19/03/2016 19:35

Posted on 19/03/2016 19:35

North Walian George North.......Man of the match once again after another brilliant performance, well done the Gogs!!!!

nelliethehooker replied on 19/03/2016 19:52

Posted on 19/03/2016 19:52

Thanks, all, now I know. Will Google him for details.

Wales were far too good for Italy, but it was a shame that the ref & linesman missed the offside before the 1st try. They both must have been blind, or bribed!! 

Enjoyed the Ireland/Scotland game, but the Scots seemed to have caught the English disease of giving away too many penalties. The sending offs may well have cost them the game. Just hope England are a bit more circumspect tonight.......Not long now to kickoff!

mickysf replied on 19/03/2016 19:55

Posted on 19/03/2016 19:55

Micky, some peole would call it an smooching, he just rubs his head against any opposing player, watch closely tonight, and by the way Good luck England

Admiral..

Will watch out for that, Admiral. Certainly rate the young man and he appears to be a fair and hardworking player. Having played the game for thirty years I was well accustomed to heads boring in rucks and mauls. It's not illegal and just part of the game as far as I see it. Mind you, I see your point about how scrum caps can 'help' in this! May be more an 'issue' with the equipment more than the player!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook