Olympics 2016

ABM replied on 14/08/2016 22:46

Posted on 14/08/2016 22:46

Not  seen  any  comments  on  here  about  the  Olympics  in  total,  just  a  few  comments  on  individual  sports  &/or  Competitors.

So  Come  On  You  Good  People,  This  is  Open  House  !

Have  you  seen  any  good  British  sailors,  Gymnasts,  Runners  etc  etc  etc 

Brian  A B M

Tammygirl replied on 14/08/2016 23:16

Posted on 14/08/2016 23:16

Today has been a great day Brian, lots of Gold medals, mens gymnastics, cycling, sailing and golf not forgetting Mo's gold in the early hours. Really enjoying the games so far.Smile

Takethedogalong replied on 15/08/2016 10:04

Posted on 15/08/2016 10:04

Been an amazing Games for us, lots of medals spread via lots of different sports. Some outstanding and inspiring performances, and plenty more still to come. Have enjoyed watching lots of different sports, rarely broadcast on TV, such as shooting, trampolining, dressage etc... as well as the more mainstream sports. Bring it on.......

Metheven replied on 15/08/2016 10:58

Posted on 15/08/2016 10:58

Spending more hours than I planned on the Olympics, my watchable sports include Rowing, Swimming, Archery, Shooting, Athletics and my favourite the Velodrome events. The contestants really have done us proud and the BBC should have a pat on the back for their coverage, but are there any presenters left in the UK, did they hire the Queen Mary to ship them out. Surprised

Fysherman replied on 15/08/2016 12:02

Posted on 15/08/2016 12:02

Does anyone know why Golf, Tennis etc are considered olympic sports when they are obviously professional sports?

Not having a dig, just thought the Olympics were for amateur sports.

Whittakerr replied on 15/08/2016 12:12

Posted on 15/08/2016 12:12

Does anyone know why Golf, Tennis etc are considered olympic sports when they are obviously professional sports?

I think you will find that the majority of UK competitors are professional. Lots are funded through the Lottery and apart from sponsorship don’t have other major sources of income.

ABM replied on 15/08/2016 12:28

Posted on 15/08/2016 12:28

Indeed,  they  always  used  to  be  Amateur  with  a  Capital  A,  Fysherman.  But  I  reckon  with  the  ever  growing  coverage  by  T.V.  &  the  money  that  has  introduced,  it  could  never  have  stayed  amateur  &  reasonably  'clean'.  Better  to  go  Pro  &  control it  as  best  we  can  !

ABM replied on 15/08/2016 16:02

Posted on 15/08/2016 16:02

Critical  or  not  F,  its  your  opinion  &  you  are  entitled  to  itWink

I'm   STILL  watching,  while  going  thro'  the  lists  for  me  forth  coming  holsInnocent  and  just  saw  a  most  delightful,  excited  young  lady  get  a  bronze  for  "Hammer  Throw" ==  the  very  first  major  championship  medal  our  ladies  have  ever  won  in  that  discipline.  Talk  about  emotional  !!  Big  Smiles,  Floods  of  Tears  Just  hope  somebody  has  a  full,  clear  video  of  it  for  her !Happy

Rubytuesday replied on 15/08/2016 16:22

Posted on 15/08/2016 16:22

I thought the same as you Fysheman amateur  sport , but I think it's all in the past now to much mo ey involved with sponsores ect  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook