How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 14/03/2021 16:55

Posted on 14/03/2021 16:55

That's the second double of the season and against a side in a decent vein of form.

Town won with what's becoming a sort of trademark goal, four passes and runs with the ball from our area to theirs and a terrific volley that had their keeper rooted to his line. Mind you the same player had a similar shot a couple of weeks ago which would have gone into row Z, if we had one at the JSS🤓

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 20/03/2021 16:01

Posted on 20/03/2021 16:01

T' Alex hanging on  0  --  0  at half time away at Norf Amtun

{ ROGER,  Who is the new avatar The  ExTugger  please  undecided ??  }

papgeno replied on 20/03/2021 18:03

Posted on 20/03/2021 16:01 by ABM

T' Alex hanging on  0  --  0  at half time away at Norf Amtun

{ ROGER,  Who is the new avatar The  ExTugger  please  undecided ??  }

Posted on 20/03/2021 18:03

No idea Brian

moulesy replied on 21/03/2021 15:45

Posted on 21/03/2021 15:45

Another truly awful performance from The Gas yesterday and I see Joey Barton is now saying it's all down to pre-season and blaming the manager before last. Well, you get what you deserve, Joey and we were only saved from dropping into the bottom 4 by ....er.....Crewe and Accrington Stanley yesterday so thank you Brian and jonray (is that a new pseudonym now?).

Only the even more hopeless Swindon Town (ooh, now above us in the league) stand between us and the abyss which is trips to honeypots like Mansfield and Walsall next year now. Bring on Tuesday!  frown

ABM replied on 21/03/2021 18:16

Posted on 21/03/2021 18:16

OOOOO,  Thank You Thank You Thank You Moulesy ==  Of course it's Jonray  sneaking up behind me and going  "BOO  !!"

Extugger replied on 25/03/2021 13:29

Posted on 21/03/2021 18:16 by ABM

OOOOO,  Thank You Thank You Thank You Moulesy ==  Of course it's Jonray  sneaking up behind me and going  "BOO  !!"

Posted on 25/03/2021 13:29

BOO!! Jonray aka Ex-Tugger here smile  It wont take a professor to work out I'm now an ex Tugger. An offer was made which was too good to be true and after 6 years happy ownership, the incredible wobblebox is going to new owners, somewhere near Robin Hood's old haunt I believe.

Will you be taking over the Chairmanship at t'Alex Brian? Nasty old business. One very rotten apple in the barrel, but I think it's just the tip of the iceberg and not solely linked to football. What a horrible world we live in. There'll be a pandemic soon, mark my words! 

ABM replied on 25/03/2021 21:04

Posted on 25/03/2021 21:04

I saw the three programmes on BBC , Jonray,  led by Victoria Derbyshire on this subject. If you can get it off BBC iplayer JR the very worst part is the last five minutes of the " Apologies and Credits "~~ utterly appalling ~~ I am just glad that I was a rubbish footballer & spent yonks with my head in a series of school books .

Extugger replied on 26/03/2021 05:56

Posted on 26/03/2021 05:56

I'm glad you realised you were a rubbish footballer Brian. After all, there are many masquerading in the leagues as 'footballers' and don't realise how rubbish they are! Many should've kept their noses in their skool books! wink

Nice to see the National side winning 5-0 last night (What do you mean San Marino are part-timers?!!! laughing) IN-GER-LAND!!

ABM replied on 26/03/2021 08:56

Posted on 26/03/2021 08:56

Was not sure if my previous post had registered , JR, I was half way thro' a novel-length rant when Essential Mtce chopped me off at knee height.

BUT to hammer home my point :~~ 

you said one rotten apple  sadly NOT TRUE !

The credits I mentioned stated quite clearly That over the period from Nov 2016 to March 2018 some 849 abuse survivors reported to the Police  naming 300+  suspects  AND  332 Clubs.

It took Bowler a full week to 'retire' after the full  report was published -- five years too late !!

There is now no room even for my sense of humour, sorry

B

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook