How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 09/03/2021 21:12

Posted on 09/03/2021 21:12

Confusedly, t'Alex have beaten Doncaster Rovers and are holding a decent place in Division One, but cannot say which place for another half hour or so.  Still I should dream the dreams of the Just & Happy tonight  smile  z  z z z z

nelliethehooker replied on 09/03/2021 21:56

Posted on 09/03/2021 21:12 by ABM

Confusedly, t'Alex have beaten Doncaster Rovers and are holding a decent place in Division One, but cannot say which place for another half hour or so.  Still I should dream the dreams of the Just & Happy tonight  smile  z  z z z z

Posted on 09/03/2021 21:56

Up to 12th I see,  and even Moulesy 's team manager a win and climbed out of the bottom 4.

ABM replied on 09/03/2021 22:02

Posted on 09/03/2021 22:02

Arrrrh   Blissss  smile

Thankyou Nellie, Saved this old fellow from looking  ,  so Good Night

Extugger replied on 10/03/2021 06:36

Posted on 10/03/2021 06:36

Stanley get thumped 4-1 by 'the Gas' last night. It seems everytime they play away against a team with supporters contributing on this thread, they get thumped! (Moulsey no doubt in utter elation!)

Home and away, the fixture ended 7-5 in Stanley's favour laughing Still have enough games in hand to  secure a play off place.smile

moulesy replied on 10/03/2021 13:31

Posted on 10/03/2021 06:36 by Extugger

Stanley get thumped 4-1 by 'the Gas' last night. It seems everytime they play away against a team with supporters contributing on this thread, they get thumped! (Moulsey no doubt in utter elation!)

Home and away, the fixture ended 7-5 in Stanley's favour laughing Still have enough games in hand to  secure a play off place.smile

Posted on 10/03/2021 13:31

Disbelief more than elation! wink

Yes, I have to grit my teeth to say it but Joey Barton does seem to have put a bit of a spring into the steps at The Mem. Still 3 defeats out of 5 but the performances have been spectacularly improved. But last night's result will be wasted if they don't turn over Wimbledon on Saturday. surprised

richardandros replied on 10/03/2021 14:37

Posted on 10/03/2021 14:37

No one was more surprised than me when Hull City gave Peterborough a thumping last night and have gone top again.  Trouble is, they're two or three games in front of most of the opposition up there, so they've still got their work cut-out to get back into the Championship.

papgeno replied on 10/03/2021 18:11

Posted on 10/03/2021 18:11

Perhaps a better example of Town’s class is the fact that over the last twelve years or so the Town Foundation has set up over 40 breakfast clubs in schools where there are a number of disadvantaged children. These clubs provide free breakfasts and the total is around 2 million provided so far ensuring that these children can have a decent level of concentration at school. It’s called the Early Kick Off campaign. 
Prior to Covid restrictions much of the funding for this was raised by sponsored cycle rides known as Pedal for Pounds. P4P has had to be suspended for now. The last one planned was to have taken in all the football grounds in Yorkshire and including Middlesbrough’s Riverside stadium 

The most evocative P4P was the one which saw riders visit each of the graves of the 6 Town players killed in WW1 and sent 160 or so cyclists to Belgium and France. Now that is class with a big C

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 10/03/2021 21:45

Posted on 10/03/2021 21:45

LIKE  ~~ Times 5,  Roger

We all see, hear, read the bad things that occur round footy Roger but very little about the good stuff unless it's a personable and wealthy young man, sad to say.

P.S.   I am full of praise for the lad and most certainly NOT KNOCKING HIM !

papgeno replied on 11/03/2021 09:29

Posted on 11/03/2021 09:29

If only the team were as good on the pitch as the club are off it.🤔

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 13/03/2021 16:34

Posted on 13/03/2021 16:34

Had a good giggle with my Die-Hard Alex fan neighbours about the name of the visitors today ( Don't go for a Burton etc and such-like )

Now I'm envisioning seeing folks walking round Crewe wearing poor quality bright red n yellow tartan style three piece suits ( with extra pants) totalling about 40 quid each money-mouth.  Not sure if there is an authentic Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink tartan yet surprised { Sniffle, snivel sob sob sob cry }

At least the result should bolster  the evening for the missing Pauline  and that would be helped by the present score line for Forest her original favourites who are leading 1 - 0 at presentsmile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook